+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fcuking Brexit!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    New vat and import rules are nothing to do with Brexit, they were coming in anyway.
    not from eu..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    New vat and import rules are nothing to do with Brexit, they were coming in anyway.
    Err that will be on top of the regulations each Eu country choses to implement when they do business with the UK.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Err that will be on top of the regulations each Eu country choses to implement when they do business with the UK.
    I guess they are 'taking back control'.

I'm Patrick.

To the OP, what you can do is to make sure the EU supplier is charging you the ex-local VAT price. Otherwise you will be paying their VAT and UK VAT on the same purchase.

I'm Lawrence.

£173 fees seems steep. £150 odd tax and duty if it was £500 odd quid is to be expected, as was said above you pay vat anyway it's just more obvious when you're charged separately, and I agree the fees on top are frustrating.

If you have been charged VAT on the purchase already that's the retailer's fault not Brexit.

Really in a competitive economy you should be able to choose the courier with the lowest fee structure for the purchase you make but in practice a retailer will only work with one. The competitive pressure then has to come from customers shopping elsewhere to reduce the fees, and there being enough UK customers for the retailer to care.

I'm Grant.

much depends on the original price... knowing gary it probably wasnt cheap
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

I have a couple of friends who have business in Europe and ship to the UK from two different countries. They have both told me they have had a nightmare with couriers because cheap ones get tangled up with Brexit red tape and their parcels then get stopped, returned or "lost". Therefore they have resorted to the Global couriers like FEDEX and UPS who have more robust systems and management of the regulations to ensure parcels get to their destination but this costs more and has consequences for the purchaser.

I know that conversely the Brexit imposed red tape from the UK has also made some business owners decide to quit doing business with Europe altogether as they have had nightmare courier problems going into Europe with parcels getting stopped, returned or "lost"
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Gary.

Quite a bit more to it than that I reckon

If I could have bought a UK based PSU to the same quality I would have, spent a lot of time... Trust me I looked.

Paul Hynes would have been a shout, but he no longer trades.
    Sean Jacobs good too.. but his supplies aren't as good. (and no supercapacitor Tech in their linear LPSUs unlike Mr Pink Faun in Netherlands)

First instance?
    Would have bought direct from Nick G (If I could have bought direct that would have been a no brainer.)
    First call shout)
    Enjoyed many of Nick's power supplies over the Years.
    Genuinely: He's top 3 in the World, and not at the lower end.

Say that again: He's easy top 3 in the entire effin' Globe.
    Nelson Pass/ Arnie Nudell level.

Aside all that nonsense:
    My ideal Scenario wasn't an option,
    and I refuse to go the reseller route with his supplies, fantastic as they are.

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    the vast majority of it will be VAT which you would have paid anyway.

The only extra will be the duty (probably 3%), VAT on the shipping charges and the clearance charge (£12 or £18).

You could have bought a power supply in the UK, it's just a traffo and some caps in a box when all's said and done.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 16-08-2022 at 22:07.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    I guess they are 'taking back control'.
    Hear Ya.
    Only Country thats imposing Sanctions on itself!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Hear Ya.
    Only Country thats imposing Sanctions on itself!
    Makes me laugh when the Muppets in power suggested that there were going to be no hold ups at the border but they forgot a border has two sides.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast