+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 22/23

I'm Robin.

Not much to say about the Cup final yesterday , other than the best team won.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Not much to say about the Cup final yesterday , other than the best team won.
    never saw anything re it until late on. i looked at team before game and decided it was a no chance saloon. wrong team.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    never saw anything re it until late on. i looked at team before game and decided it was a no chance saloon. wrong team.
    It was clear he picked the wrong team, but showing loyalty to those who had played the previous game against Celtic, don’t think he will make that mistake again
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Sandy.

It was clear he picked the wrong team, but showing loyalty to those who had played the previous game against Celtic, don’t think he will make that mistake again
    Trying to take an objective view, I wonder if the winning team are less risk averse? Both in signings and in play. In anyone's view, these Japanese players are inspired and inspiring.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    Trying to take an objective view, I wonder if the winning team are less risk averse? Both in signings and in play. In anyone's view, these Japanese players are inspired and inspiring.
    It was a strange game, as the first half was being played, it was only a matter of time before Celtic scored as they were in control, Rangers had opportunities, but Fashion Jr’s decision making was terrible unlike the Celtic wide players, as was stated by Gordon Strachan Celtic were looking at lot fitter as the first half wore on. After the substitutions things improved from a Rangers point of view but as they chased the game, lots of chances were created thankfully they had already taken off the boy who scored the 2 goals plus the Rangers keeper made several great saves.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

i dont realy watch games at all now but yes celtics' attitude is best form of defence is attack. it works well most of time, but with really good sides can come unstuck. their asians are all good buys and a breath of fresh air in game.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i dont realy watch games at all now but yes celtics' attitude is best form of defence is attack. it works well most of time, but with really good sides can come unstuck. their asians are all good buys and a breath of fresh air in game.
    That tactic makes for entertaining fitba', but as you rightly say can get unstuck, but not just with better teams- many teams can become complacent and fall victim to "giant killers", like Darvel or my own dear Killie on past occasions (fewer now).

I'm Sandy.

Have I killed this thread? I really hope not...

I just wanted to celebrate that a small, struggling East Ayrshire team managed to beat a much bigger East Coast Capital team at the weekend...

I'm Robin.

Have I killed this thread? I really hope not...

I just wanted to celebrate that a small, struggling East Ayrshire team managed to beat a much bigger East Coast Capital team at the weekend...
    Ive been away on holiday, things might pick up towards the weekend, when there is another local rivalry game.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Sandy.

Ive been away on holiday, things might pick up towards the weekend, when there is another local rivalry game.
    Local rivalries: lots of bookings...

Thanks for reply, I was getting paranoid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast