+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For August.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Is there an official hose pipe ban in Scotland - yet?
    not that im aware of. but we all need to be careful or there will be.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

31c, clear blue sky and a gentle breeze, another gorgeous day. Off on leave next week, so the rain is bound to come then, but we had the driest July since 1976 so I guess the ground needs it. Most local sports teams are unable to play because the pitches are like concrete and the grass dead.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Demo of why heavy downpour next week is more likely to cause flash floods than be of help to our drought

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3n1mRpfZt3qt3X
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

the grass here is still pretty green even tho its not rained much. its not growing much tho so i think its about to go brown if we dont get any soon.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Demo of why heavy downpour next week is more likely to cause flash floods than be of help to our drought

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3n1mRpfZt3qt3X
    i'm guessing this was the one on the BBC news yesterday. Unfortunately I only caught the back end of the interview, so didn't see the demo.

So does that indicate that perhaps we should go around with a fork, trying to punch holes in the ground to get the water to go down?
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    i'm guessing this was the one on the BBC news yesterday. Unfortunately I only caught the back end of the interview, so didn't see the demo.

So does that indicate that perhaps we should go around with a fork, trying to punch holes in the ground to get the water to go down?
    Yes it was Dave.

Punching holes with a fork sounds like it might work, let us know how you go on

Seriously, the report was the usual "we're doomed!" fare. I rarely bother with the news, thank you BBC for reminding me why.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

26+c indoors and 67%... really sticky now
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yes it was Dave.

Punching holes with a fork sounds like it might work, let us know how you go on

Seriously, the report was the usual "we're doomed!" fare. I rarely bother with the news, thank you BBC for reminding me why.
    trouble is its true. that is one of the ways you get flash floods.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Flash floods can be a big deal. Remember that one in Cornwall a few years ago, cut a swathe through the village, made a right old mess.

And about 15 years ago I was at a bike rally near Helmsley North Yorkshire. It was at the end of a hot dry spell. A sudden thunderstorm and all the rainwater came down the hill, and the site was deluged, a couple of hours after we left. Wiped out a shitload of tents, and a few bikes too iirc.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

dorset fire caused by barbeque..... this is why they should be banned in this kind of weather and large prison sentances for people how ignore it.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast