+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For August.

I'm Geoff.

Funny how one starts acclimatising. We've had a few very hot days and yesterday was roasting, but today is even warmer by a degree or two, yet I don't feel so uncomfortable even though I think the humidity may be higher.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Same thunderstorm delay in Devon. No I'm not there, but Google thinks I am. Thinks I've been living there for months. I get a daily news update from Devononline.
    Must have sent the thunderstorm up north. It wasn't the most spectacular one I've ever seen, but we did have thunder and lightning during the last hour, and it got really muggy. Now we just have rain - but it's gradually feeling more pleasant.

Time for cup of tea I think.
    Dave

I'm Martin.

I've got a fan on now as it was getting a bit uncomfortable. Higher humidity here too. I think the main problem though is that the house never cooled down much from yesterday.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

"A future full of possibililties starts by drinking pure quality water now." Geez that is some bollox marketing speak if ever I heard any. Give that Ad Exec a pay rise NOW!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    "A future full of possibililties starts by drinking pure quality water now." Geez that is some bollox marketing speak if ever I heard any. Give that Ad Exec a pay rise NOW!
    I was tempted to comment on that too.

Most water isn't pure anyway - it's usually got very small amounts of other stuff in - mostly not too deadly. What is interesting is how little traces of different materials can really mess it up. I tend not to worry too much about bottled water, mineral water vs tap water. On the whole, in the UK tap water is OK - though it does taste different in different areas. When I was young I always noticed the water in my uncle and grandfather's house. I think it tasted odd because of the lead piping. Several years ago we had a holiday in Italy in an area we know moderately well. We normally stock up with various food and drink at local supermarkets. That year we noticed some bottles of water which seemed to be fairly cheap - and as "water is water" .... we bought them. Boy - did they taste horrible! I looked at the analysis which Italian bottled water has printed on the side - and in fairness it all looked pretty much OK. I see no reason to disbelieve the data, but that did convince me that even very small amounts of some materials can have a very adverse effect on flavour.

However my suspicion is that truly pure water would actually be very boring.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I see the parent company is Nestle, who probably don't have a good track record when it comes to bollox. I expect it was destined for Livingstone's markets in Zambia but accidentally got washed up at Livingston West Lothian. Zambia's loss Grant's gain
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I was tempted to comment on that too.

Most water isn't pure anyway - it's usually got very small amounts of other stuff in - mostly not too deadly. What is interesting is how little traces of different materials can really mess it up. I tend not to worry too much about bottled water, mineral water vs tap water. On the whole, in the UK tap water is OK - though it does taste different in different areas. When I was young I always noticed the water in my uncle and grandfather's house. I think it tasted odd because of the lead piping. Several years ago we had a holiday in Italy in an area we know moderately well. We normally stock up with various food and drink at local supermarkets. That year we noticed some bottles of water which seemed to be fairly cheap - and as "water is water" .... we bought them. Boy - did they taste horrible! I looked at the analysis which Italian bottled water has printed on the side - and in fairness it all looked pretty much OK. I see no reason to disbelieve the data, but that did convince me that even very small amounts of some materials can have a very adverse effect on flavour.

However my suspicion is that truly pure water would actually be very boring.
    Impurities in water can be deadly, if you're in the bath and someone drops a toaster in I'm thinking that the only "pure" water is distilled, and am I correct in thinking electricity can't pass through it?

I wonder if distilled water (as sold at Halfords) would be drinkable? Has anybody tried it?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

its just bottled water folks tasty and fairly cheap. ive been drinking it for years and its not done me any harm.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

21C and sunny, feels fresher.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Not raining now, but looks damp and rain forecast for most of the day, with a possibility of thunderstorms. Expected high 17 C. Miserable looking day so far - though it's not had too much chance to develop.

Sounds like people down in the south have been having a rough time. The rain here is good - freshening up the grass, but I'd settle for more sun and warmth, without the high extremes.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast