+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dynavector DV-500 Turntable + DV-507 mkII Tonearm

I'm Richard.

Default Dynavector DV-500 Turntable + DV-507 mkII Tonearm

I'm looking to sell my turntable and tonearm to rebalance my hi-fi investment. Only the table and arm are for sale - the headshell and cartridge shown mounted are not included, but may be for sale later when I decide where I'm going next - I'm going to try living without vinyl playback for a while.

I have the original packaging as shown so these can be safely posted as 2 separate parcels, collected from Leeds, or I can deliver a reasonable distance if required. I'm happy to provide a demonstration if needed.

I'm prepared to split the items, but want to give the buyer of the turntable the first option on the tonearm, so the arm isn't for sale on its own until the table's sold, and assuming the buyer doesn't want it.

The current RRP for these seems to be DV-500 £3,495 and DV-507 mkII £6,495. I'd like £4,300 for the pair.

DV-500 Turntable
    This is based on the Well Tempered Amadeus. I've owned this for about 2 and a half years and imported it from a dealer in Eastern Europe. It came with a blank armboard which I drilled myself. It's a bit crude, but the geometry is correct, and it's obviously not visible when setup. It should be possible to get/fabricate a new armboard, which is simply a flat circular disc with 4 mounting holes, and mount a different arm if required. It comes with the belt I've been using and another spare unused belt, the original mat and strobe disc. I'll include the 12V Russ Andrews PowerPak II I've been using as a power supply, but I believe it'll take any 7-12V DC supply. I'll also include a new Audio Origami Oil kit. It works faultlessly. There's a tiny nick in the black aluminium to the right of the power switch and some light dusting scratches in the acrylic under the platter, but overall it's in great condition. Price on its own is £1,650.

DV-507 mkII Tonearm
    I bought this as an ex-dem arm in 2013. It's in great condition with all the original packaging and accessories as shown below, performing exactly as it should. The only functional issue is the VTA control seems to require tightening with more force than I'd expect to stop the arm rotating a couple of degrees around it's mounting point, but I've never bothered to see why. Perhaps cleaning the end with some isopropyl alcohol would fix it, but this is a piece of very high precision equipment, and I've never wanted to risk putting liquid anywhere near it. There are a couple of areas which have accumulated dust, so I wouldn't say it's absolutely mint condition, but with some careful cleaning would bring it back.

It's an absolutely stunning piece of equipment, which would be for sale for £2,650 on its own after the table's sold.

Feel free to ask for more info/photos if required.

I'm Richard.

BUMP. I've had some interest in the arm - happy to listen to offers for the turntable.

I'm Richard.

Any interest at £3,750.

I'm Richard.

Still available

+ Reply to Thread