+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St Lucia July 2022

I'm sorted.

Default St Lucia July 2022

Some random pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

The dark sky at night is impressive! Can you see stars?

I thought this might be something to do with Nobel Prizes and a day which is celebrated in Sweden and Norway!

http://thedandelionchronicles-denmar...aint-lucy.html
    Dave

I'm Grant.

nice one this
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I'd love to go back there but not sure I could handle the flight time any more.

Always thought St Lucia was a French overseas territory but turns out it is independent and was British from 1814 to 1967.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Always thought St Lucia was a French overseas territory but turns out it is independent and was British from 1814 to 1967.
    was french once... maybe more than once. its a french name
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    was french once... maybe more than once. its a french name
    yes, it was French until 1814 when we had it off them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It was both. The British and the French fought over it, on-and-off, for over 150 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucia
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Tui’s 787s do it in around 8.5 hours. I booked extra legroom seats (by the escape doors) and found the flight quite comfortable. The 787 has bigger windows the ceiling of the cabin is higher making it more light and airy. Think I read they put more oxygen in the cabin mix to?

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/dreamliner

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Tui’s 787s do it in around 8.5 hours. I booked extra legroom seats (by the escape doors) and found the flight quite comfortable. The 787 has bigger windows the ceiling of the cabin is higher making it more light and airy. Think I read they put more oxygen in the cabin mix to?

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/dreamliner
    I went on 777 first time and an A330 second time. Not really a problem with legroom or comfort it's just the being trapped for so long in metal tube at 30,000 feet thing that I struggle with. Last time went on plane was to Rome, only four hour flight and I was climbing the walls.

Worth it when you get there of course. Loads better than Spain or the Canaries.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

I'm not gonna fly again. Never liked it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast