+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How’s that for a speaker crossover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Andrew.

Default How’s that for a speaker crossover

Well I’ve never seen such big caps on a speaker crossover…
    Ansar supersound and Rata supersound ( russ Andrews )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andyrlb; 30-07-2022 at 08:19.

I'm Paul.

I recently did the crossovers on my crusaders and I was amazed at the size of some of them. I replaced exiting ones with clarity caps and cement resistors with mills wire wounds. Real noticeable improvement.

Did you do this yourself? I was given advise to place some of the coils on their side but never got round to doing it.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Andrew.

No I didn’t make them , they were in the Atkinson Sota speakers.

I'm Andrew.

Why do you need to replace the inductor coild on there side? What benefits does this reap?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Lawrence.

Think I read something similar recently (but can't remember the exact details wrt placement, direction etc) might have been related to the induced magnetic field being in the same plane as (or was it perpendicular to, thinking of that 3 finger EMF thing) the PCB traces.

I'm Geoff.

I think the idea is to orientate adjacent inductors at 90 degrees to each other where possible. I've not seen any studies showing if there really are benefits and I'm far too lazy to look for any!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think the idea is to orientate adjacent inductors at 90 degrees to each other where possible. I've not seen any studies showing if there really are benefits and I'm far too lazy to look for any!
    Ah yes that was it, I literally read that for the first time the other day, maybe it was on here.

I'm Dennis.

Just try to avoid making a transformer with them.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Just try to avoid making a transformer with them.
    Agreed - the idea is to minimise any flux linkage between adjacent inductor coils.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

OK, makes sense. Anyone ever tried it and heard a difference?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast