+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Music.... Wow, why is it getting worse?

I'm Steve.

The Beatles may well have drawn inspiration from 'Pet Sounds', but I don't really hear any similarities.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The Beatles may well have drawn inspiration from 'Pet Sounds', but I don't really hear any similarities.
    This might be an interesting read for you:-
    https://www.the-paulmccartney-projec...ut-pet-sounds/

I'm openingabottleofwine.

They are both about human relationships. With Pet Sounds the relationship is centred on adolescence and teenage years. With Sgt Pepper, the relationships are broaden out both in age and to family relations: 'With a Little Help from My Friends'; 'Lovely Rita'; 'She's Leaving Home', and 'When I'm Sixty Four' for example.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

But is this what we're talking about, the songs' subject matter? I was thinking more in terms of how the songs were structured, the instrumentation, the production techniques, things that might say to me "ah, they just copied 'Pet Sounds'".

Edit: confession time - I don't own and have never played "Pet Sounds"! Although I do know some of the stuff on it. So feel free to shoot me down, I deserve it

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Mike.

But is this what we're talking about, the songs' subject matter? I was thinking more in terms of how the songs were structured, the instrumentation, the production techniques, things that might say to me "ah, they just copied 'Pet Sounds'".

Edit: confession time - I don't own and have never played "Pet Sounds"! Although I do know some of the stuff on it. So feel free to shoot me down, I deserve it
    i've got it on vinyl, it was one of my dads LP's, you're quite welcome to borrow it

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    i've got it on vinyl, it was one of my dads LP's, you're quite welcome to borrow it
    Cheers Mike, but I'm not really a Beach Boys fan, otherwise I would have a copy by now Anyway, why you not at work? I've got a gammy leg, that's my excuse

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

ive a cd of that.. no idea where tho and it doesn't seem to have been ripped either... says it all. lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Cheers Mike, but I'm not really a Beach Boys fan, otherwise I would have a copy by now Anyway, why you not at work? I've got a gammy leg, that's my excuse
    I've been away since Monday project managing in Romford, then did a site survey yesterday in Lyndhurst in the New Forest, a lovely place, btw the only car dealership in the town is Ferrari so you can imagine what it's like, got back home last night and i've been in Teams meetings all morning, can't wait till the weekend mate

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm John.

Brian Wilson said that hearing The Beatles Rubber Soul (1965) was what inspired him to make Pet Sounds (1966), which John and Paul raved about and went on to make Sgt Pepper (1967)
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm Grant.

I found my beach boys rip. Must have another listen
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast