+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Music.... Wow, why is it getting worse?

I'm John.

I bought Pet Sounds when it was first released having been a Beach Boys fan since their 'surfin' days. It was in mono though - don't know why, even a later cd release was also mono. I always thought the album was perfect for stereo given Brian Wilson's production values and finally a stereo version was issued on vinyl a few years ago, and it didn't disappoint. I think the track Pet Sounds on side 2 is one of the finest stereo productions I've ever heard.
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm John.

BBCs Radio 6 Music plays quality non-chart contemporary music as well as older stuff, so Radio's not an entire barren desert of chart pop. I listen at the weekends to Giles Peterson and Craig Charles, and Guy Garvey on Sundays. Great way to hear new stuff, and be reminded of great music that I'd forgotten about.
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNB View Post
    BBCs Radio 6 Music plays quality non-chart contemporary music as well as older stuff, so Radio's not an entire barren desert of chart pop. I listen at the weekends to Giles Peterson and Craig Charles, and Guy Garvey on Sundays. Great way to hear new stuff, and be reminded of great music that I'd forgotten about.
    Indeed. But I do feel R6M has started to play less of the good stuff recently. Well, for the past year anyway.

A lot of the stuff they play is rap, don't mind rap but only when it's done well and it's not about killing n shit... The stuff they're playing are like the scrapings of Bandcamp. A mix of adolescent wannabes copying everything else.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Indeed. But I do feel R6M has started to play less of the good stuff recently. Well, for the past year anyway.

A lot of the stuff they play is rap, don't mind rap but only when it's done well and it's not about killing n shit... The stuff they're playing are like the scrapings of Bandcamp. A mix of adolescent wannabes copying everything else.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    I suppose that's true, but 6 Music is still head and shoulders above everything else on the radio. Shame I'm the only person I know who can tolerate 6 Music, or I'd have it on all the time while working
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm John.

There's enough djs whose tastes coincide with mine - so I'm happy. And it's on demand on BBC Sounds. Great service.

I'm Michael.

I wish Radio Paradise was broadcasted in the UK over FM/Dab in addition to it's wonderful internet delivery. I imagine it would eat up a lot of data using mobile internet in the car etc.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    I wish Radio Paradise was broadcasted in the UK over FM/Dab in addition to it's wonderful internet delivery. I imagine it would eat up a lot of data using mobile internet in the car etc.
    DAB can only accommodate a finite number of stations, so something would have to go first, to make room for Radio Paradise. My vote would be for Heart to be given the boot, but that's never going to happen. The masses need their fix of depressing adverts and mindnumbing chart cack.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Radio Paradise is on the BluOS app. It has 4 MQA channels which sound very good Very brief station announcement every half hour or so.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    DAB can only accommodate a finite number of stations, so something would have to go first, to make room for Radio Paradise. My vote would be for Heart to be given the boot, but that's never going to happen. The masses need their fix of depressing adverts and mindnumbing chart cack.
    my boss is off at the moment so I get to control the radio at work - Heart 'Seventies' all day every day!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    my boss is off at the moment so I get to control the radio at work - Heart 'Seventies' all day every day!
    Well that's going to be better, still have the adverts tho

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast