+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot weather and irritable drivers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Hot weather and irritable drivers

Popped down to the local (Co-op) petrol station to fill up. I don't know if it was due to the small price reduction to 191.9p, but there were queues for all three ranks of pumps. When this happens, often the cars can queue back out onto the main road, but when I arrived there was just about room for me to be off-road, and I nosed up as close as I could, so any car behind me could also be off the main road.

Filled up and went into pay, and at the same time picked up a loaf of bread. There was only one person on the till, and I joined a short queue of four people to pay.

When I returned to my car, I smiled at the driver in the car behind me only to be greeted by someone (not sure if it was the same car) honking their horn in annoyance.

Why don't people just learn to be patient?
    Barry

I'm Steve.

It seems to be the nature of today's society that people need to be either at point a or point b, and do not give themselves time for the in between part. All you can do really is remain polite, confrontation can turn bad very quickly, and you really don't know what they are prepared to do be the victor.

It might just be that he thought you were making him wait while you did some shopping...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

Well if the garage also sell groceries what do people expect you to do when you're in there?

I'm Steve.

It's all wrong, they shouldn't be selling groceries in the first place. That should be left to grocers shops.

A couple of years ago I went to a local Morrisons for fuel. It had been 'refurbished' since my last visit. Outside the shop/kiosk were several parking bays, then next nearest was 'pay @ pumps', then furthest away were the pumps where you have to walk all the way past the other pumps and parking bays to pay in the shop.

The @pay @ pump' I stopped at wasn't working properly and I had to go in the shop, where they had one cashier serving a short queue of people with baskets of groceries.

Whoever thought that lot up should be sacked.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It's all wrong, they shouldn't be selling groceries in the first place. That should be left to grocers shops.

A couple of years ago I went to a local Morrisons for fuel. It had been 'refurbished' since my last visit. Outside the shop/kiosk were several parking bays, then next nearest was 'pay @ pumps', then furthest away were the pumps where you have to walk all the way past the other pumps and parking bays to pay in the shop.

The @pay @ pump' I stopped at wasn't working properly and I had to go in the shop, where they had one cashier serving a short queue of people with baskets of groceries.

only shop ive been in since covid is a garage m and s fairly local; ie about 6/7 miles away. its small enough to be fairly quite when i go and it has a disabled bay next to door and is small enough i can hobble round some of it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

So is it still a garage that sells groceries or did they turn it into a grocers that sells fuel? All the grocery shoppers were probably equally upset about the pesky drivers in front of them just paying for fuel.

I'm Martin.

problem easily solved by hiring more work-Geordies:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Every petrol station I have ever visited sells items other than just the fuel, even if it is only for cars: oil; windscreen wash; car shampoo, etc.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

See if there's a fight club near you, and if it happens again, mash the bastard up, proper.
    ps Due to the first rule of fight club, 'seeing if there's one near you' might be an issue, alternatively join a martial arts class.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

Just keep a machete under the driver's seat.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast