+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold - Part 1 - Reiver Acoustics Edingdales

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Default Sold - Part 1 - Reiver Acoustics Edingdales

**Sold**

Edingdales

Part 1 of Big Bob Joylove's Big Sell Off…

As much as it pains me to shift on three superb components, an upcoming house move and huge investment in one of my companies, which is almost ready to earn mega bucks, has forced me to part ways with some Hi-Fi, and temporarily downgrade. Having said that I've had two amazing years with these components and my set up has been simply the best I've ever owned.

My Reiver Acoustics Edingdales. Hand built by Colin Topps (Toppsy on here), these are frankly staggeringly awesome loudspeakers. Standing a whopping 115cm high, they can load a huge room with authority and cleanliness. Each cabinet houses four 6" Mark Audio No. 6 mid/bass drivers, and a Monacor RBT-95 ribbon tweeter. The crossover components are top notch as is the build quality, as is the sound quality.

Seriously speaking though, from a man who's been into hi-fi for almost 40 years, I have never heard anything that comes close to these when they're set up correctly. There's so much weight and authority, but that's coupled with a deftness and intricacy that few loudspeakers seem to have - a real magic about them. Now, they ain't small, and they need a big room (my lounge is 442 sq. feet) to properly sing, although as they're front ported (tuned to 30Hz), they can sit remarkably close to a rear wall and still sing their big hearts out.

These are also very sensitive speakers, which allows them to be driven to exceptional levels from even modest valve amplifiers. I seem to remember that they're in the 95-96 dBw/m range; certainly they were driven very happily by my Joe Henry Aleph 3 full Class-A 30w amplifier (also for sale).

I coupled these with a BK Double Gem twin 10" 300w Class-D sealed enclosure active subwoofer (again, also for sale) and the result was astonishing.

Dimensions are…

115cm tall
    43cm deep
    24cm wide

This pair comes with not one, but two spare mid/bass drivers - and these are practically impossible to find now. I managed to get one from Colin and another from a chap in India who had a spare. The eight drivers in the cabinets are of course in perfect working order, but having a couple of spares is always good. Also included are the thick floor spikes with nuts, and a 2.5m pair of Mark Grant 6mm speaker cable terminated in banana plugs.

I've never abused these speakers at all, there's no marks or dents or damage anywhere, and they are ready to sing for someone else now.

I'm asking for £800 for these, which given that they come with the pair of spare drivers and the speaker cables (which also work exceptionally well with these speakers), I think is fair. For £800 you are not going to find a better of speakers than these, you're just not. Many on the forum will attest to this no doubt.

You're welcome to collect them from me in Norwich, or I can deliver them to you and spend some time playing for the cost of fuel (my car does 50mpg).

Click for large images

I'm Grant.

yes great speakers these. had a set myself...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Yeah, I'm missing them already. Astonishing things they are.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm jamie.

how would these fair in a small room and nearfield listening do you think? approx 1.8 meters apart and sitting 2 meters away from them.

I'm Grant.

will be fine in my opinion. there is adjusters for the tweeter too.

just remembering, mine were at around that distance
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

cheers grant,hmm maybe give my ns1000's a run for their money?

I'm Grant.

at that distance i would think so. decent bass but not overpowered. can run with any amp really too. ive heard them on a little t amp as well as bigger stuff and sounded amazing. about 96 efficient
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

are these actually sold then ?

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by karma1967 View Post
    how would these fair in a small room and nearfield listening do you think? approx 1.8 meters apart and sitting 2 meters away from them.
    Yeah, I'd agree with Grant. The front ports mean they're quite controllable at the lower end and are happy backed up to a wall. Again, as Grant said, there's an L-pad resistor on the back to control the tweeter level, so you have quite a bit of flexibility on your side.

The only reason I can't use them at my new place (along with the thundering subwoofer and the no-holds-barred class-A amplifier) is that it's a semi detached, and already the combo makes my ceiling and doors shake! I'm not particularly restrained when it comes to low level listening.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by karma1967 View Post
    are these actually sold then ?
    Not yet, the member who wants them asked for a week to sell his speakers and I agreed (senior member who contributes a lot).

I have another member on first reserve if the sale doesn't go through.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast