+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car and Bike Chat

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Car and Bike Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That looks badass. And it's Honda, so it'll be well screwed together, and stay looking good for longer Mrs. P also has a cruiser (Hyosung Aquila GV650). Perfect for vertically challenged folk.
    Just had a look at the Aquila, looks lovely. It’s very similar to the Honda Rebel 500. Does Mrs P have any problems with the weight @ 220kg? The Rebel is a little bit lighter @ 190kg

I’ve had loads of Honda’s and always loved them and I’d be trading in my Grom against the new one

Probably riding to Honda tomorrow to take a look

Shouldn't be a problem Bev - you'll find the centre of gravity is very low, and that makes all the difference. Though a bit of leg strength will help for moving it in and out of the garage. The Fireblade is quite a bit lighter (168kg) but is much taller. In a moment of weakness I once let Anita have a shot on the Blade, she fell off before she reached the end of the drive

Shouldn't be a problem Bev - you'll find the centre of gravity is very low, and that makes all the difference. Though a bit of leg strength will help for moving it in and out of the garage. The Fireblade is quite a bit lighter (168kg) but is much taller. In a moment of weakness I once let Anita have a shot on the Blade, she fell off before she reached the end of the drive
    You were right Steve. Visited Honda and slung a short leg over the Rebel and instantly fell in love with it. It’s a great looking bike and I can totally flat foot it

Probably going for a test ride tomorrow so we will see. Can’t wait to get another ‘proper’ bike again

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    You were right Steve. Visited Honda and slung a short leg over the Rebel and instantly fell in love with it. It’s a great looking bike and I can totally flat foot it

Probably going for a test ride tomorrow so we will see. Can’t wait to get another ‘proper’ bike again
    Great stuff. Get it quick while we still have the weather.

Don't forget quality leathers, these should do the trick... though you might need a better helmet.

Don't forget quality leathers, these should do the trick... though you might need a better helmet.
    Indeed Steve

I think I’ve already sold the Grom and got almost what I paid for it 3 years ago, probably because the supply for new bikes is so poor

That means I’ve got more than I thought towards a new Rebel 500. Should be test riding the Rebel Tuesday, fingers crossed that I love it

Indeed Steve

I think I’ve already sold the Grom and got almost what I paid for it 3 years ago, probably because the supply for new bikes is so poor

That means I’ve got more than I thought towards a new Rebel 500. Should be test riding the Rebel Tuesday, fingers crossed that I love it
    I'm sure you will - obviously the ride will be rather different to what you're used to. Take it easy in the bends and you'll be just fine Interesting what you say about bike supply, I wasn't aware of that.

Interesting version of the RT classic. https://open.spotify.com/artist/2fV3UnBvyFUPV6JQJJZOv2

Also, worth checking out the Mary Lou Lord and Dick Gaughan versions.

I'm sure you will - obviously the ride will be rather different to what you're used to. Take it easy in the bends and you'll be just fine Interesting what you say about bike supply, I wasn't aware of that.
    Cheers Steve

I sold the Grom this morning and only lost £200 from when I purchased it 3 years ago

Booked test ride on the Rebel for Tuesday morning, can’t wait. I’d do it tomorrow but I’m booked to give blood

Cheers Steve

I sold the Grom this morning and only lost £200 from when I purchased it 3 years ago

Booked test ride on the Rebel for Tuesday morning, can’t wait. I’d do it tomorrow but I’m booked to give blood
    I know it is going be stupidly hot Tuesday, but don't be tempted to skimp on the protective gear (Rebel Rebel, you've torn me dress) and you don't want to be asking for your blood back, oh no
    Last edited by Barry; 17-07-2022 at 18:13.
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread