+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Car and Bike Chat

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Car and Bike Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That looks badass. And it's Honda, so it'll be well screwed together, and stay looking good for longer Mrs. P also has a cruiser (Hyosung Aquila GV650). Perfect for vertically challenged folk.
    Just had a look at the Aquila, looks lovely. It’s very similar to the Honda Rebel 500. Does Mrs P have any problems with the weight @ 220kg? The Rebel is a little bit lighter @ 190kg

I’ve had loads of Honda’s and always loved them and I’d be trading in my Grom against the new one

Probably riding to Honda tomorrow to take a look

Shouldn't be a problem Bev - you'll find the centre of gravity is very low, and that makes all the difference. Though a bit of leg strength will help for moving it in and out of the garage. The Fireblade is quite a bit lighter (168kg) but is much taller. In a moment of weakness I once let Anita have a shot on the Blade, she fell off before she reached the end of the drive

Shouldn't be a problem Bev - you'll find the centre of gravity is very low, and that makes all the difference. Though a bit of leg strength will help for moving it in and out of the garage. The Fireblade is quite a bit lighter (168kg) but is much taller. In a moment of weakness I once let Anita have a shot on the Blade, she fell off before she reached the end of the drive
    You were right Steve. Visited Honda and slung a short leg over the Rebel and instantly fell in love with it. It’s a great looking bike and I can totally flat foot it

Probably going for a test ride tomorrow so we will see. Can’t wait to get another ‘proper’ bike again

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    You were right Steve. Visited Honda and slung a short leg over the Rebel and instantly fell in love with it. It’s a great looking bike and I can totally flat foot it

Probably going for a test ride tomorrow so we will see. Can’t wait to get another ‘proper’ bike again
    Great stuff. Get it quick while we still have the weather.

Don't forget quality leathers, these should do the trick... though you might need a better helmet.

Don't forget quality leathers, these should do the trick... though you might need a better helmet.
    Indeed Steve

I think I’ve already sold the Grom and got almost what I paid for it 3 years ago, probably because the supply for new bikes is so poor

That means I’ve got more than I thought towards a new Rebel 500. Should be test riding the Rebel Tuesday, fingers crossed that I love it

Indeed Steve

I think I’ve already sold the Grom and got almost what I paid for it 3 years ago, probably because the supply for new bikes is so poor

That means I’ve got more than I thought towards a new Rebel 500. Should be test riding the Rebel Tuesday, fingers crossed that I love it
    I'm sure you will - obviously the ride will be rather different to what you're used to. Take it easy in the bends and you'll be just fine Interesting what you say about bike supply, I wasn't aware of that.

Interesting version of the RT classic. https://open.spotify.com/artist/2fV3UnBvyFUPV6JQJJZOv2

Also, worth checking out the Mary Lou Lord and Dick Gaughan versions.

I'm sure you will - obviously the ride will be rather different to what you're used to. Take it easy in the bends and you'll be just fine Interesting what you say about bike supply, I wasn't aware of that.
    Cheers Steve

I sold the Grom this morning and only lost £200 from when I purchased it 3 years ago

Booked test ride on the Rebel for Tuesday morning, can’t wait. I’d do it tomorrow but I’m booked to give blood

Cheers Steve

I sold the Grom this morning and only lost £200 from when I purchased it 3 years ago

Booked test ride on the Rebel for Tuesday morning, can’t wait. I’d do it tomorrow but I’m booked to give blood
    I know it is going be stupidly hot Tuesday, but don't be tempted to skimp on the protective gear (Rebel Rebel, you've torn me dress) and you don't want to be asking for your blood back, oh no
    Last edited by Barry; 17-07-2022 at 18:13.
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Worry not I always wear appropriate bike gear
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Stupid bloody Vito, why does it hate me? What did I ever do to it?

I suspect that the clever folk at Mercedes Benz (and other manufacturers) develop all the features/gizmos that later appear in their cars/vans, and they work perfectly well. Then the bean counters say "We could save a couple of quid if we use thinner wire", or "There's this factory in China (actually a shed behind the factory) that'll do all those bits for a quarter of the price".

Anyway, yesterday the van's radio refused to switch off (does this automatically when key is taken out, or 'off' button is pressed). So the radio ran all day. I couldn't leave it like that overnight, so I disconnected the battery (a job in itself). This morning i had to move the van so I reconnected the battery. And guess what?

I suppose I should be pleased it's working again, but now I'm just waiting for it to happen again. I loved that van when I first got it, now when I look at it I just growl.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Stupid bloody Vito, why does it hate me? What did I ever do to it?

I suspect that the clever folk at Mercedes Benz (and other manufacturers) develop all the features/gizmos that later appear in their cars/vans, and they work perfectly well. Then the bean counters say "We could save a couple of quid if we use thinner wire", or "There's this factory in China (actually a shed behind the factory) that'll do all those bits for a quarter of the price".

Anyway, yesterday the van's radio refused to switch off (does this automatically when key is taken out, or 'off' button is pressed). So the radio ran all day. I couldn't leave it like that overnight, so I disconnected the battery (a job in itself). This morning i had to move the van so I reconnected the battery. And guess what?

I suppose I should be pleased it's working again, but now I'm just waiting for it to happen again. I loved that van when I first got it, now when I look at it I just growl.
    typical.. smarter they make them, the more likely they are to f**k up. there will be a fuse box; maybe 2 actually being a merc. should be a fuse legend in there somewhere(maybe on a bit of paper). might save you disconnecting battery. but it may well work for years ok now. might not have been radio, might be a software glitch. its supposed to switch off when door is opened after engine off i think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I've got motor issues too, my car is playing up once more. Same thing each time, soggy brakes with loads of pedal travel. This'll be the fourth time it's been 'sorted'! The brakes are fine for a while, then out of the blue, when braking, the ABS kicks in and the brakes remain soft afterwards. Seems to me there could be air in the ABS pump that's never been cleared when bleeding, if I had a hoist, I'd go through the whole system myself. Various garages don't seem able to pin it down.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've got motor issues too, my car is playing up once more. Same thing each time, soggy brakes with loads of pedal travel. This'll be the fourth time it's been 'sorted'! The brakes are fine for a while, then out of the blue, when braking, the ABS kicks in and the brakes remain soft afterwards. Seems to me there could be air in the ABS pump that's never been cleared when bleeding, if I had a hoist, I'd go through the whole system myself. Various garages don't seem able to pin it down.
    could be he isnt getting all air out of the module. there is a tool for doing it but the old fashioned way is imo the best one. if it keeps happening like that you could switch abs off and see if it continues to happen or not
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

No option to turn ABS off on this one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

unusual.. oh well, nae luck

maybe disconnect the power to it?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

No doubt there's a reason why this won't work, but... An ABS system will only work if all the components are present and correct, so, what if some part of the ABS is removed? Or just cut through a relevant wire? Or will it have a fuse? You might have guessed, I know nowt about ABS

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    typical.. smarter they make them, the more likely they are to f**k up. there will be a fuse box; maybe 2 actually being a merc. should be a fuse legend in there somewhere(maybe on a bit of paper). might save you disconnecting battery. but it may well work for years ok now. might not have been radio, might be a software glitch. its supposed to switch off when door is opened after engine off i think.
    Radio in normal use stays on with ignition key in off position, only goes off when key is removed.

You're right, there are two fuse boxes, I did think about removing the fuse (actually it was Mrs. P's idea). The handbook has a separate "fuses supplement" which made no sense. There is an audio fuse, an amplifier-controller fuse, and something else, the name of which escapes me. And the fuse boxes in no way looked like the layout illustrations.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast