+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quantum Science fuses.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    I must admit that I’ve been totally agnostic about fuses but reading some of the comments just shows that you seem to have closed minds. I asked the question to try to get an intelligent answer. Clearly none of you guys have actually tried an after market fuse.
    I think you did get quite a few intelligent answers. If something cannot possibly work then there is no point in trying it. Same reason I have never jumped off my roof and flapped my arms to see if I can fly.

Any perceived benefit is entirely psychological. When we do a tweak we listen to judge if it has been effective. That means we listen differently to how we would normally and so we perceive differently too. The output signal of the device with the magic fuse in it does not change, therefore the sound cannot change.

They're a con. Don't waste your time and money.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think you did get quite a few intelligent answers. If something cannot possibly work then there is no point in trying it. Same reason I have never jumped off my roof and flapped my arms to see if I can fly.

Any perceived benefit is entirely psychological. When we do a tweak we listen to judge if it has been effective. That means we listen differently to how we would normally and so we perceive differently too. The output signal of the device with the magic fuse in it does not change, therefore the sound cannot change.

They're a con. Don't waste your time and money.
    Martin, I’m not trying to change your opinion but simply you have not tried an aftermarket fuse therefore your opinion is flawed. If you had tried one and were shouting the benefits from the highest rooftops it would be the same, flawed.
    I certainly don’t understand the ‘science’ but like to think I’m open minded enough. I have been given the opportunity to try a £170 fuse and only time will tell. I’ll keep the results to myself so as not to offend anybody.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Grant.

you wont offend anyone.. gazjam for one uses fuses... a few others too, but there will obviously be others who will see it differently. all replies are valid in this case as long as they are not abusive etc..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

It is reasonable to have an opinion without being informed by having tried something, that is not flawed thinking.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Martin, I’m not trying to change your opinion but simply you have not tried an aftermarket fuse therefore your opinion is flawed. If you had tried one and were shouting the benefits from the highest rooftops it would be the same, flawed.
    I certainly don’t understand the ‘science’ but like to think I’m open minded enough. I have been given the opportunity to try a £170 fuse and only time will tell. I’ll keep the results to myself so as not to offend anybody.
    Like I said I have not tried jumping off the roof off my house to see if I can fly, does not mean my opinion on my flying capabilities is flawed.

I'm not at all close minded. Close minded would mean maintaining my position even in the face of insurmountable evidence. If I am presented with evidence that the fuse changes the signal then I will change my opinion.

Trying it for myself is insufficient since I will be subject to the same effect as everyone else - I install the tweak, I listen for a difference, I hear things differently because I am now actively listening for a difference. My psychological state is different. All such products rely on that well-established perceptual error in order to make sales.

Plenty of people here use these fuses, they hear improvements or differences, nobody contradicts that, what they perceived is what they perceived. The only dispute is to whether the effect is real or just in the mind.

You've had the case from both sides now, you can make an informed decision as to whether to spend the money and time, or not. Order remotely and you can send back under the distance selling rags. No-one here is going to knock you if you decide to try it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

I too wonder how a £3800 fuse will sound in a £5.00 mains cable
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD player
    Audiolab 8000S Amp
    Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze speakers
    Custom made Cryo 99.99% Solid silver interconnects.
    QED Revelation Signatures series silver speaker cable.
    Mission speaker stands.
    Components sat on Marble Plinths.
    Fed via Filtered mains Conditioners.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    And if it blows it has ZERO value. Not like it can be repaired.
    how about replacing the fuse in the mains cable to the component with a bar of the finest Pure solid silver and fitting a 10p standard fuse in the extension lead from the wall socket ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD player
    Audiolab 8000S Amp
    Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze speakers
    Custom made Cryo 99.99% Solid silver interconnects.
    QED Revelation Signatures series silver speaker cable.
    Mission speaker stands.
    Components sat on Marble Plinths.
    Fed via Filtered mains Conditioners.

I'm Clive.

I don’t think you can hate Marmite unless you’ve tasted it. I think to form a valid opinion you need to try with and without. Anything else is hyperbole.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Lawrence.

Has anyone started selling audiophile versions of the trip switches in fuse boxes? If mains fuses can have an impact I imagine these could too

I'm Grant.

I don’t think you can hate Marmite unless you’ve tasted it. I think to form a valid opinion you need to try with and without. Anything else is hyperbole.
    not absolutely clive. in the taste of marmite then probably, but again if you hate beefy flavoured things then you can say pretty assuredly you wont like marmite. as for changing sound by changing a 1 inch bit if metal to another, well that to an extent changes the laws of electricity a bit, so you can see why many will balk at the idea. especially as no proofs are given and no explanations etc.
    but if some people hear a difference then good for them.
    the other question is are the new fuses legal? they probably dont have a bs no etc so havent been proved to actually blow with right current. this could potentially also affect your home insurance if a fire happened.

just a few musings..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast