+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For July!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    There aren't many places where railways have been reinstated. Many have indeed been turned into walks and cycle tracks - which is OK if they really aren't needed, but in some areas it has been a real pain - and reverting back to railway or light tram use might make a lot of sense.
    train line did so well it was extended and goes now from glasgow to edinburgh. was on it a few times until i got really disabled. now its too much of a stretch for me really. walking isnt my strong point and they rarely have any staff to help you set a scooter on etc, or just tell you to piss off and the ramp doesnt work. same with the busses. so without my car im stuffed..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Bought some aftershave - Kouros. The bird asks me if I'd had trouble finding it. I apologised that my taste in cologne was stuck in the 1980s. She laughed and said 'We still sell loads of it.'

Vindicated.
    Kouros is Greek for a youth, or a pubescent boy (especially one of noble rank) - which you might have been in 1980.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Kouros is Greek for a youth, or a pubescent boy (especially one of noble rank) - which you might have been in 1980.
    I always assumed it was just a made up word. I suppose now I know what it means I should switch to Palios.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

well, he was a pubescent boy when he first bought it; well maybe? i don't use aftershave in general. I do use Geo F Trumpers coral skin food tho...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I've never in my life bought aftershave, but had it bought for me at Christmas. The last one (something expensive) about 15 years ago. It'll be in the bedroom somewhere, though by now it probably smells like a Greek pubescent boy.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I've never in my life bought aftershave, but had it bought for me at Christmas. The last one (something expensive) about 15 years ago. It'll be in the bedroom somewhere, though by now it probably smells like a Greek pubescent boy.
    aye an old and smelly boy
    the wife used to buy me expensive stuff but i only wore it to please her. i prefer roses
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I always assumed it was just a made up word. I suppose now I know what it means I should switch to Palios.
    You want to smell of sweaty horses?!!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

21C and murky. Feels very mild and a bit humid.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

very overcast and 12c.. dry tho..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You want to smell of sweaty horses?!!
    Palios = 'Old' as opposed to Kouros = 'Young'

Although looking it up I see that the word 'Kouros' is actually specific to a type of Greek statue.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast