+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XTZ AP-100 Power Amp Review in HiFi Choice

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by audiosanctum View Post
    We will certainly try our best to maintain contact on here. We will keep the forum updated with any reviews or new products so you can contact us through here or send us PM or you can email us on info@audiosanctum.co.uk.
    Thanks for the link, i'll use that if you aren't about
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

The output stage uses a sliding bias arrangment to reach 50 watts of class A output without ending up with fried transistors. .
    That's a very good method. I first saw it used in the first Super-AA power amp from Technics.
    A UK engineer by the name of Drake also developed such a design, which was regularly advertised as a building block similar to the ILP audio amp blocks. He started a company called Drake Electronics, but he sadly died somewhere around 1990.
    I loved the sound of the sliding class A made out of discrete transistors ( the power IC versions are terrible sounding in comparison ) and would be most interested in trying out one of these amps at some stage with the intention to buy. If it is anything like the Drake design you could be onto a winner with it.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Could you tell me if the D-100 integrated Amplifier has balance control.
    There is no balance control. The aim is to keep the signal as pure as possible and this isn't possible if you have a balance control in the signal path.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I loved the sound of the sliding class A made out of discrete transistors ( the power IC versions are terrible sounding in comparison ) and would be most interested in trying out one of these amps at some stage with the intention to buy. If it is anything like the Drake design you could be onto a winner with it.
    The integrated amp and the power amps use the same methology and we have them both available for demonstration. Just email or PM us if it something you would like to set up.
    Exclusive UK retailers of:
    Advanced Acoustics, Cayin, Divine Acoustics, Dynamique Audio, JE Audio, XTZ

01623 587707
    07517 889738
    info@audiosanctum.co.uk

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    That's a very good method. I first saw it used in the first Super-AA power amp from Technics.
    A UK engineer by the name of Drake also developed such a design, which was regularly advertised as a building block similar to the ILP audio amp blocks. He started a company called Drake Electronics, but he sadly died somewhere around 1990.
    You're not helping, Stan - when someone like you endorses the methodology behind something that has already got my radar running crazy, I just know I'm going to get myself in trouble with the missus any time soon... The last time was when I got the Caiman last year!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm drunk.

I must admit, they do look rather good.

I had a worryingly clever idea earlier that combined both the integrated and the power amp with an active crossover.

I'm Shaun.

The Integrated can also be used as a Pre-Amp as it connections on the back so you can use the pre outs only. So if you wanted to run a really good system for relatively low cost you could use an Integrated A-100D3 as the Pre Amp then you could use a pair of AP-100 Power Amps in bridged mode so that they are basically running as mono blocks getting you 350W per Channel in 8ohm and 500W per Channel in 4ohm.

A pair of AP-100's and a A-100D3 would set you back just £1630.00. That's a lot of control and power for very little outlay. Plus all the reviewers are overwhelmed by the sound and build quality from both units.

Tempted?!

01623 587707
    07517 889738
    info@audiosanctum.co.uk

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

The Integrated can also be used as a Pre-Amp as it connections on the back so you can use the pre outs only. So if you wanted to run a really good system for relatively low cost you could use an Integrated A-100D3 as the Pre Amp then you could use a pair of AP-100 Power Amps in bridged mode so that they are basically running as mono blocks getting you 350W per Channel in 8ohm and 500W per Channel in 4ohm.
    Or as a cheaper alternative you could connect an active crossover to the pre outs & then feed left & right bass/mid to one seperate power amp & feed the treble back to the left & right power amp sections in the integrated

Bingo
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm drunk.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Or as a cheaper alternative you could connect an active crossover to the pre outs & then feed left & right bass/mid to one seperate power amp & feed the treble back to the left & right power amp sections in the integrated

Bingo

I think my idea is better!

01623 587707
    07517 889738
    info@audiosanctum.co.uk

I'm drunk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast