+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Sony TA-E86b

I'm chris.

Default For Sale: Sony TA-E86b

Interest Check Sony TA-E86b Pre,

I need some funds for a new power amp I'm building and this is one of the pieces I'm thinking of selling to fund it. I cant find a resent confirmed sale in the UK so not sure on pricing but think £500 seems fair? Collection only, comments on this?

The amp itself is fully working, multivoltage, has been recapped with Mks2 film replacing the Tantalums and good quality Nichicons electros, new led indicator lamp replacing the incandescent bulb.

Points to note, theses a few marks on the top of the front panel and a scratch under the power switch also a couple of marks on the lid. The source selector switch has been repaired previous to my ownership, I believe this is a weak point of the amp with the plastic going brittle.

2022-05-31_04-39-08 by chris reddish, on Flickr

2022-05-31_04-39-58 by chris reddish, on Flickr

2022-05-31_04-39-27 by chris reddish, on Flickr

2022-05-31_04-40-41 by chris reddish, on Flickr

Any comments welcomed

I'm openingabottleofwine.

There is one on eBay with a starting bid of £1,000. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304503094...UAAOSwbxxiZuwl

Cosmetically your sample is in better condition, so I would say your asking price is more than fair. Would be interested in it myself, however I have more audio gear than I need.

Good luck with the sale.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

That's encouraging. I have one in time-warp condition but not up for sale yet.

A truly lovely pre-amp. Good luck with the sale.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There is one on eBay with a starting bid of £1,000. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304503094...UAAOSwbxxiZuwl

Cosmetically your sample is in better condition, so I would say your asking price is more than fair. Would be interested in it myself, however I have more audio gear than I need.

Good luck with the sale.
    how can you price what things are worth going by what some seller has stuck up as a starting price? far better to go on sold listings prices.

I'm David.

The one on eBay has been there for months. This one appears to be much more realistic.

I'm chris.

Quote Originally Posted by karma1967 View Post
    how can you price what things are worth going by what some seller has stuck up as a starting price? far better to go on sold listings prices.
    Agreed but there's no sold listings. £1000 is dream land money without that damaged faceplate. £500 I feel is a much more realistic price for a refreshed example and it will go for sale at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by karma1967 View Post
    Find one, then you can comment and suggest a price. Things have no intrinsic or absolute worth in themselves - only what people are prepared to pay.
    Barry

I'm jamie.

exactly! ultimately the market will decide.

Referring to the hifishark site: https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Sony+TAE86b, sale prices have varied from €780 through to €1,890, with a couple sold for CA$1,000 and one going for $1,000; so anywhere between £655 to £1,612.
    Barry

I'm chris.

Mods could the title change to be For Sale.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast