+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone fancy partaking in a diy tonearm wire experiment?

I'm loheswaran.

Default Anyone fancy partaking in a diy tonearm wire experiment?

I have just ordered some tinned copper wire in silicone. The reason for this is that Dueland apparently make a high quality tinned copper cable that has had many audiophiles salivating.

I was trying to find a tonearm wire and could only find pvc covered of 50cm. I therefore sourced 5m of silicone covered. Silicone because Kabusa super flex claim to fame is in part the silicone.

I am intending to make a few sets up with neutrik plugs and a shield.

Would anyone fancy testing/ auditioning them? To make it easier I suggest running the cable outside the arm

Thanks

I'm Ken.

Hmmnnnnn............

Your post is a bit ambiguous to say the least, Waran (presumed real name), not surprised you've had no answers.

You say you can only find PVC covered 50cm and in the next breath mention Kabusa Superflex, which is not PVC.

Why would you put a shield on tone arm wires, the grounded tone arm is a shield, unless you have a non conductive arm, you don't say. A shield would stiffen the assembly, with all the negative attributes that go with that.

As for 50cm lengths only, I just purchased "The Missing Link", not PVC and 70cm is what I specified, but you can order what you like for this and many other cables, should you want to run direct cartridge to Phono continuously. Even on eBay there are non PVC sets over 50cm, so you can't have looked very far.

You don't actually say what it is you want to compare, is it purely subjective or measured?
    How can you corelate the results of different turntables, using different cartridges and associated equipment?

What is your present cable/set up and what do you find lacking?
    You don't mention the wire dia and number of strands, or overall thickness of each insulated conductor for your proposed cable. So people have no idea of the overall size/stiffness for the bundle.

Sorry to be so negative, but I think these are some of the reasons you have not had a response or uptake of your offer.
    Adding a little of the background story and more on what you have constructed may yield a better response.

+ Reply to Thread