+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Quad 405-2 with NetAudio Upgrades

I'm Mark.

Default FS: Quad 405-2 with NetAudio Upgrades

I bought this Quad 405-2 back in 1983 when I was at college! It's served me well over the intervening years. It’s had a number of modifications over the years, including in the early 90’s some designed by Les Wostenholme of Avondale Audio, followed by some Russ Andrews and, now in its final incarnation, has been rebuilt using Quad 405-2 boards modified to the NetAudio top spec with BB604 ICs and the NetAudio dual mono PSU board.

The work has been very well executed by a highly skilled ex-colleague of mine who learned his electronics skills when everything was valve based!

Over the years, I have used a variety of pre-amps: a Quad 34, an Audio Innovations series 200 line stage and a Naim NAC102.

The time has come for it to find a new home. It's in very good cosmetic condition. There are scratches on the top but these are not visible when in a rack.

£500 + shipping (not ParcelForce). You’re welcome to collect, I live near Sevenoaks.

I'm Alex.

I can’t believe how massive it is compared to the Quad 34

I'm Mark.

Ah, it’s all a matter of perspective. Of course, with the upgrades, it sounds even bigger than it looks.

+ Reply to Thread