+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eurovision 2022!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they speak norwegian
    It's also possible that the rest of Europe is still jealous of the attention Slartibartfast gave to designing their fjords. He won an award for that you know.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A (sadly late) friend of mine always watched the Eurovision Song Contest, simply for the political manoeuvring between the member states. He was always correct in predicting who the winner would be.

I have no interest in it at all, and watched 'Later with Jools Holland' and 'This is Spinal Tap' on BBC2 instead.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Yes we did too - Obongjayar we thought was rather good, though Mrs P was shouting at the telly for him to shut up so we could hear the band better. And as for Joe Bonamassa, 500 guitars and as many amps! Puts your collection of pick up cartridges in the shade...

And if Wet Leg came down my street screaming like that, they'd have wet heads too when I chuck a bucket of water over them.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I try to watch 'Later' in order I might be introduced to new performers and acts. On average I find one that warrants my attention.

Jools is a hopeless interviewer, so I usually take advantage of his 'interviews' to put out the recycling bins!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I try to watch 'Later' in order I might be introduced to new performers and acts. On average I find one that warrants my attention.

Jools is a hopeless interviewer, so I usually take advantage of his 'interviews' to put out the recycling bins!
    I think Jools finds most of what he says in the recycling bins. No doubt a really nice guy, but more cringeworthy than Piers Morgan when interviewing.

Historically I've found "Later..." to bring out the best in the performers, and I have on occasion bought records/CDs after hearing them on the show, only to be disappointed.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12