+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cack handed with dl103

I'm Dee.

Hi Charlie, great minds think alike 😀..no seriously it’s a case of different strokes etc.I think that the Shure and the Goldring aren’t unsimilar in their presentation with the 1042 having the edge in weight and the v15
    majoring on detail.The Denon dl110 presents a happy medium.
    What of yourself,any clear favourite and if so why

I'm Paul.

As a master of destroying cartridges I suggest you put it behind you and look forward to your next cartridge!

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...udio+cartridge
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
    Out here we is stoned, immaculate
    The WASP - The Doors

I'm Charlie.

[QUOTE=Papa Dee;1317867]Hi Charlie, great minds think alike 😀..no seriously it’s a case of different strokes etc.I think that the Shure and the Goldring aren’t unsimilar in their presentation with the 1042 having the edge in weight and the v15
    majoring on detail.The Denon dl110 presents a happy medium.
    What of yourself,any clear favourite and if so why[/QUOTE

My impressions mirror your own. I added capacitance to the V15 which gave it more body and is well worth doing ( if not essential). I've also not got a suitable arm for it, I'll try it again one day. I loved the DL110 but it became very sibilant which I assume was due to stylus wear. I would have had another but they've doubled in price now. That lead me to the 1042 which is on a Roksan Corus body, sounds very nice too. I haven't done a fair comparison with the 103R, it's on a TT in my second system, I might try it in place of the 1042 one day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12