+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ortofon AS-212 Tonearm - Modified for Lenco GL75

I'm Geoff.

Default Ortofon AS-212 Tonearm - Modified for Lenco GL75

Continuing my fund raising clearout, we have a sought after Ortofon AS-212 tonearm.

This one has been modified (not terribly neatly) to fit a standard Goldring Lenco GL75 deck. The arm's built in arm lift has been removed to facilitate the continued use of the arm lift and arm rest that are built into the deck. It retains the magnetic anti skate adjustment.

These are a drop in replacement for the standard Lenco arm (except much nicer) - you will just need a mounting collar which are available on eBay. The geometry is almost exactly correct using the original hole in the deck. Some of the cleverer mounts are asymmetrical to allow you to tweak it, or a slotted headshell would give you ample range.

I've not used this one - it was in my spares pile and as such it should be considered untested. The bearings feel fine. I tested continuity on all wires which is ok, but the spring return on the red pin is a bit sticky. I had to persuade it back out with the tweezers. Contacted fine when I fitted a headshell though. This is the better version with the removeable headshell mounting collar (some are bonded into the arm), so it's easy to rewire, replace etc.

No headshell included, although I have a few spare I could include for extra money (Jelco, ADC, Audio Technica etc).

These seem to fetch silly money complete - over £300 in some instances.

I'll try to price it to reflect it's imperfections - how about £150 collected, or plus P&P if you need it (bearing in mind the insurance will put the price up).

Collection is from just outside Bicester, M40 J9.

I will be listing a couple of 'project' GL75 decks as a bundle as soon as I get round to it, so if you fancy a big mega bundle with this arm, then let me know and we'll work something out.

Photos:

I'm Horacio.

Hi Geoff,

Do you still have the original arm lift?

Cheers,

I'm Geoff.

Sorry, no. I think this one would have come off one of the Telefunken decks so it didn't have a complete, standalone arm rest (it's kind of part integrated on those). In any case, to get it to fit behind the Lenco arm lift (and keep it straight) you have to cut off the arm lift portion as pictured.

I'm Geoff.

Bump - offers

+ Reply to Thread