+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS - REL S2 in excellent condition.

Default FS - REL S2 in excellent condition.

Selling my REL S2 for £400 delivered. Reason for sale - I’m buying a bigger one!
    I bought this second hand from Audioemotion and you can still find the details if you google REL S2 for sale.
    Really makes a surprising improvement to the whole musical experience. I am using it with Wharfedale Elysian 2’s but obviously will match up with any quality speaker.
    Comes in original packaging and has a new neutric connection cable (standard version).
    In excellent condition. The grille has slight fraying at the bottom edge which can be seen in the pics.

Description from Audioemotion advert:-

REL's S/2 subwoofer may be the least expensive, most compact chassis in the S range, but it would be a mistake to think of it as anything but a true thoroughbred. Fast, tuneful, fun and exceptionally dynamic, S/2 permits those with limited space or compact speakers to enjoy the benefits of Serie S performance. S/2 offers a powerful 250W NextGen Class D amplifier with a fast, lightweight driver and matching passive in a carefully damped cabinet to produce bass that is quite extraordinary for such a modestly-sized enclosure.

"The REL S/2 merges beautifully into my system, adding a greater sense of scale and depth to tracks I thought I already knew. It Shows off high-res audio to tremendous effect and will compliment any hi-fi system."

– Lee Dunkley, HiFi Choice

Snap & Attack: Anodized Aluminum Dustcap

S/2's driver receives a new purpose-designed anodized aluminum dustcap. This both stiffens the cone structure, resulting in improved transient response (snap and attack) while lowering the moving mass some 15%. Careful tuning of this unit to cabinet volume and the new matching downfiring passive driver results in outstanding performance for a model of this size and price. Powerful, fast and tuneful is the S/2.

Clean Bass: Matching Passive Driver

REL's passive drivers are carefully matched to the active. In the case of S/2, REL used the same driver as S/2 for a precise match, then tune the resonant frequency a little lower to extend the bass performance downward for a cleaner overall effect.

Thanks for looking,

Kev
    Last edited by scotty67; 10-05-2022 at 15:28.
    Kev.

Open to offers
    Kev.

I'm charles.

Hi, you have PM

Replied
    Kev.

Now sold.
    Kev.

+ Reply to Thread