+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a cat choose you?

I'm Steve.

Default Can a cat choose you?

So...the kids have both buggered off to Leeds Festival ( we have decontamination zones for homecoming)
    So I decided to take a couple of days off.
    As we unloaded the car with some shopping into the kitchen, we saw a flash of fur dart under the kitchen table.

We always intended to get a cat again once we had moved house. I'm a bit allergic and our daughter is terribly. However... not a sneeze since this one arrived, will hold on decision to keep until the kids return.
    Asking around last night, it seems that this kitten (3months?) was left after people two doors down got evicted. This poor thing was starving...and seems intent on staying!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Wow, nice looking cat

It's got great facial markings that are almost symetrical

I find that cats tend to choose people rather than the other way around, well that is unless you are choosing one from a pet refuge or suchlike
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Steve.

Make no mistake, cats DO choose you, despite the illusion to the contrary. They live beside us, independent (and dependent through choice) and if they're not happy they'll bugger off! They also say that they are loyal to a house, not the people in it, but I'm not so sure about that one.

Looks in good condition. How can you refuse those eyes
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Steve.

It has a lovely nature. Don't know who is dafter though, its cost me 25 quid this morning in food, litter trays, bowls, cat food, flea stuff and so on.
    I was laid out on the sofa reading a book, and he/she? jumped onto my chest. We both dozed off, until the phone rang, so I said it was time for a photo shoot!!

I'm Jerry.

What a beautiful creature. Have you picked a name yet?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Deleted.

I think cats do choose people who are happy to feed them

For dome reason both cats and dogs seem to be very fond of me - I don't know why.; perhaps it's because I don't have a pet and therefore they can't smell another cat or dog on me.
    Account Deleted

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

cats are very clever too and seem to have an ability to read people, if you know what i mean.
    i remember years ago visiting a friend of mine and his then partner, anyway, i sat in a chair in their living room waiting for them to make me a cup of tea, they were both in the kitchen at the time, anyway, at the other end of the living room there came darting in a little black kitten who without hesitation run straight up to me and sat on my lap and went to sleep, now i like cats but i am alergic to them so cannot touch them for fear of my eyes swelling etc, anyway, my friend and his partner looked in from the kitchen to ask if i wanted sugar in my tea and after seeing the kitten on my lap both just stood there and stared!!!
    i asked what the problem was and they said, thats very odd, why i said, well they both started,,,that cat never comes near anyone who comes here, i said well i never called her she just sat on my lap, they seemed genuinely dumb founded!
    my theory is or rather the scinic in me would say,,, the cat new i was alergic to her hence knew i couldnt touch her, and therefore knew she had a safe warm place to sit for a while.!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    What a beautiful creature. Have you picked a name yet?
    We are kind of hesitating on giving it a name...just in case we can't keep it. Really must find out if its a he or she first though!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    We are kind of hesitating on giving it a name...just in case we can't keep it. Really must find out if its a he or she first though!!
    good luck with it steve, i realy think its chosen you so you have no choice!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Anthony,your story puts me in mind of a cat that used to visit my mate's house.This was back in my early teens.My mate's dad was the estate manager of Mar Lodge estate,just outside Braemar.The house was in the middle of nowhere and I used to go and stay at weekends occasionally. For years they'd had this cat coming for something to eat from time to time,which they'd named Bootsy.He was a half wildcat,muscled like a Rottweiler.He wouldn't let anyone near him,but would come in now and again and deign to eat some scraps and bugger off again.This cat was one mean dude,and indeed my mate's dad once saw it kill a young Roe deer!

Anyhow,one of the first weekends I went to stay,I was sitting in the kitchen,and in came Bootsy,doing his usual hissing at the dogs,who buggered off in a split second.He took a look at me, ran across the kitchen and jumped into my lap.Now,I'd been warned about this cat and how mean he could be,so I was shitting myself! This cat was so big,he was sitting on my lap looking me straight in the eye (I was sitting bolt upright by this time) I mean,this cat was HUGE!

He then curled up on my lap,and this growling noise ensued,which I realised was a purr,so I started stroking him tentatively,and he started digging his huge claws into me,which made me wince every time he did it,but I was too scared to move!

My mate's family,who had all been in the kitchen with me,were just sitting staring in amazement.His dad said "That cat's been coming here for 5 years,and he's never let anyone near him!"

I was a bit dubious at being accorded the honour of being the first,but I got used to him,and he'd always come and say hello whenever he saw me.

Why me? I have no idea,guess it's just a cat thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast