+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bastanis Open Baffles For Sale

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default Bastanis Open Baffles For Sale

These are the top of the range versions, with the Chrystal mid range and Gemini compression driver tweeters. These also have the Goldwood 18" woofers.

There is no crossover as such on these- the Chrystal mid is doped to mechanically adjust frequency response to suit bass and treble, and tweeter is crossed with a single cap in series. Bass is active.

These are superb OB's, bass is driven with a Behringer INuke 3000 amplifier, the 100db sensitivity meaning a very high quality low powered valve or SS amp can be used to power mid and top. I used a 4w OTL to great effect.

Vic of Trans Fi tweaked these himself, the INuke runs his DSP settings (you can of course tweak to your own taste). The tweeter level can be adjusted to taste via a pot, however I ran them wide open as Vic added a resistor in series with the tweeters to give a flat response- it would be simple to remove this should room acoustics dictate.

I rewired and renewed the components when I got them. I used Neotech solid core cable, PathAudio resistors and Jantzen Superior Z Capacitors for the tweeters.

Drivers are all perfect.

Looking for £1200.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Bump.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Why you selling these Ali?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

They don’t work as well in my new room as they did in the old room-it’s a bit of a funny room sonically. Dithered for a while, but I’m happy with how the S5TL’s sound, so these are not now being used.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Paul.

I think these look great and did I read that right 18in bass drivers bet they don't suffer from being bass shy even without a enclosed box.

Glws Ali shouldn't need it really.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks Paul, yes 18”. Great quality of bass from these.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Gary.

Heard these a few times,
    awesome sounding things, best open baffles I've heard.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers mate, they are very good.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

BUMP, price reduction to £1000.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Somebody please buy these quick, so I can go back to having a decent night's sleep. If I could raise the cash I would be all over these.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast