+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for May!

I'm Martin.

Some of the new builds down the road from me have front lawns, most of them have grown to over a foot high in just a couple of weeks. Ideal combination of sunshine and rain I suppose. Good for the wildlife, no question about it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Yer average new build buyers would likely be twenty something dinks who have no knowledge of household chores and even less interest. They just want to move into a house that needs nothing doing. If they look closely at their paperwork I think they'll find grass control is excluded.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

rain is off for now and wind is down a bit. i expect it'll come back later.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Some of the new builds down the road from me have front lawns, most of them have grown to over a foot high in just a couple of weeks. Ideal combination of sunshine and rain I suppose. Good for the wildlife, no question about it.
    Just spotted some fast birds - could be swifts or swallows. They come around now, and stay for a month or two. House Martins are also a possibility, but in previous years they were definitely swallows - and I suspected some swifts too. These birds would be more interested in midges and flies than seeds on the ground though, and they are fantastic fliers - very strong. One got into our kitchen a few years ago, and it took quite a lot of strategy and effort to get it out again. There was no way it was going to land. Catching it - no chance! Eventually we managed to steer it towards an opening through which it escaped.

Stronger rain now - it's still pretty miserable.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yer average new build buyers would likely be twenty something dinks who have no knowledge of household chores and even less interest. They just want to move into a house that needs nothing doing. If they look closely at their paperwork I think they'll find grass control is excluded.
    Yeah - but they often just dump it all, and fill it in with concrete or gravel, or maybe paving, and put their cars on it.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

And in doing so take away much of our land's natural drainage. Then when the drains are overwhelmed and the roads and houses get flooded, they'll go bleating to the council.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

And in doing so take away much of our land's natural drainage. Then when the drains are overwhelmed and the roads and houses get flooded, they'll go bleating to the council.
    yup, building on flood plains risks everyone else as they often shore them up and that moves the problem to people who have never known it before. govt fault for allowing it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I know from experience that if you let it get too long the mower won't cope and then you have to get a strimmer and chop it back before you can mow.

I think they've passed that point already.

Weeds are really doing well at the moment too. A week ago the gap between my forecourt wall and the pavement was clear. Now there's weeds six inches tall right the way along it. Almost an inch a day of growth.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Just spotted some fast birds - could be swifts or swallows.
    I had a girlfriend with a Porsche 911, she was a fast bird .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

There are several combined drainage systems in this area, where the foul sewage and rainwater run in one pipe. Needless to say, really heavy downpours surcharge the sewers to overflowing point, resulting in turds and bog paper etc, running down the street. Charming!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast