+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Klipsch Heresey 2 / IMF TLS80 MK 1 values and opinions

I'm Lawrence.

I've heard the treble may not be refined either.

Better with valves but for some reason the UK distributor was demoing then with high power MF amps at the last Windsor show. Maybe they don't distribute valve amps but I'd be choosing my distributors more carefully if that was the case...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    Hi Macca. Yes I saw the kit on the Falcon website, it looks like they are the go to people for IMF spares. Why would you give the Hereseys a wide berth? I have head that the mid is sublime but the bass a bit lacking..

Steve

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
    No bass, sound is toppy and shouty.

I said I would avoid them, I know there are people who are keen. But seems to me to be a speaker that will dictate your listening choices.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

i had a set of the super compacts at one time. interesting speakers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No bass, sound is toppy and shouty.

I said I would avoid them, I know there are people who are keen. But seems to me to be a speaker that will dictate your listening choices.
    Thanks. They are a bit more expensive too do may just pass.

Steve

They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i had a set of the super compacts at one time. interesting speakers.
    Interesting in what way? I thought they were ok though may have required a crossover refurb to be honest.

Steve

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I've heard the treble may not be refined either.

Better with valves but for some reason the UK distributor was demoing then with high power MF amps at the last Windsor show. Maybe they don't distribute valve amps but I'd be choosing my distributors more carefully if that was the case...
    The original was intended to be a centre 'fill-in' channel between two of the larger Klipsch models. Probably does that quite well although the idea of having a centre channel in a stereo set-up never caught on in the mainstream, probably because it's entirely unnecessary*. I don't think any type of amp will help to overcome their basic issues.

*edit - Paul Klipsch was into his corner horns, so one of them in each corner of a 30' plus room, there might be a bit of a 'gap in the middle' in that sort of set-up.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Interesting in what way? I thought they were ok though may have required a crossover refurb to be honest.

Steve

get amp right and stands right and they can sound pretty decent. like a good power source tho.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I have had a pair of Super Compacts in the past, and I did have to replace the mids in them
    The mids on those were EMI if I recall. The TLS 80 uses KEF B110 mids.

Bass drivers were KEF B139. Tweeters Celestion HF1300 and super tweeters Celestion HF2000, both rear mounted types. Make sure the perforated diffuser/phase corrector covers over the HF2000 domes are present. They can be sourced though or made.

Replacements of all drivers can be found, bit costly for the B110 and HF2000 these days though.

Some might say the TLS80 is still a World Class speaker, it certainly was originally. Nobody would say that of the Heresy.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The mids on those were EMI if I recall. The TLS 80 uses KEF B110 mids.

Bass drivers were KEF B139. Tweeters Celestion HF1300 and super tweeters Celestion HF2000, both rear mounted types. Make sure the perforated diffuser/phase corrector covers over the HF2000 domes are present. They can be sourced though or made.

Replacements of all drivers can be found, bit costly for the B110 and HF2000 these days though.

Some might say the TLS80 is still a World Class speaker, it certainly was originally. Nobody would say that of the Heresy.
    This is them

I'm Steve.

Ok

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast