+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Power amp recommendations for Rogers pro9tls

I'm Pete.

The Meridian 557 looks good. There is a nice one on eBay but he wants £795 for it, does look in good condition though.
    I was hoping someone might fancy a swap for my esl 57s. I will stay on the lookout for something interesting. 👍
    Pete.

Main amp is an Electrocompaniat eci2 Sony qs930 cd, Sony tuner,Stan dac,modified x10d with little pinkie se and of course Quad esl57s fully serviced with much better legs and widgets. Sometimes swap to my kef reference 3s or Rogers pro9 Tls.

I'm ian.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixpete View Post
    Your Rotel looks like a good choice, can’t see many for sale at that sort of price though.
    Pink Fish Classifieds. For Service. I have Mike Powell. (Bolton) Who charged £157 to replace " aged and heat damaged components"
    PS. Hi Fi bangernomics. I sold my Lyngdorf SDA2175 on E Bay. (Purchased fromJerry) Promo weekend on sellers fees.
    It works out it's cost me aprox 57 squid, oh forgot Tenner on petrol and a drive to Bolton.
    Last edited by bungalowbill; 16-04-2022 at 09:04.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixpete View Post
    The Meridian 557 looks good. There is a nice one on eBay but he wants £795 for it, does look in good condition though.
    I was hoping someone might fancy a swap for my esl 57s. I will stay on the lookout for something interesting. ��
    Yep 557 will drive them nicely and if a good one will last years, I know an ex Meridian engineer who services and upgrades these for around £200-300 and then they are like new and sound fantastic, they sound great anyway. I used to have one and should have kept it, silly billy.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Yep 557 will drive them nicely and if a good one will last years, I know an ex Meridian engineer who services and upgrades these for around £200-300 and then they are like new and sound fantastic, they sound great anyway. I used to have one and should have kept it, silly billy.
    Hi Adrian.

Looks like the Meridian would be a good bet. I will try and find a nice one.
    Pete.

Main amp is an Electrocompaniat eci2 Sony qs930 cd, Sony tuner,Stan dac,modified x10d with little pinkie se and of course Quad esl57s fully serviced with much better legs and widgets. Sometimes swap to my kef reference 3s or Rogers pro9 Tls.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowbill View Post
    Pink Fish Classifieds. For Service. I have Mike Powell. (Bolton) Who charged £157 to replace " aged and heat damaged components"
    PS. Hi Fi bangernomics. I sold my Lyngdorf SDA2175 on E Bay. (Purchased fromJerry) Promo weekend on sellers fees.
    It works out it's cost me aprox 57 squid, oh forgot Tenner on petrol and a drive to Bolton.
    Ian, I'm wondering if this is the same bloke who used to do repair/servicing for Practical Hifi. I have an ailing Densen CD player that wants looking at, and if you could post some contact details for this man that would be appreciated.

Sorry about the thread hijack Pete
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Ian, I'm wondering if this is the same bloke who used to do repair/servicing for Practical Hifi. I have an ailing Densen CD player that wants looking at, and if you could post some contact details for this man that would be appreciated.

No worries👍 Always good to know about anyone who can sort out repairs on our gear.
    Pete.

I'm ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

mpavservice.co.uk
    You have a PM. Sent you his Mobile Number.

I'm Pete.

Found an Electrocompaniat eci 2 integrated fairly local to me and have bought it.
    Really pleased with it. Looks lovely and sounds great. Easily drives the Rogers and the esl57s.
    70kilos of 211 and the firebottle pre upstairs on the spare system now.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
    Pete.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123