+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The TRIO KENWOOD L-07D Turntable - Legendary Build with Legendary Sound

I'm Mike.

There was one on sale for ages on ebay and other sites, major issue was no power supply.

I did think of buying it in the hope of either finding a psu ( unlikely) or cloning one, in the end I left it alone.

Haven't seen it in a few months so it might have sold, however if you knew where to get a power supply

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    There was one on sale for ages on ebay and other sites, major issue was no power supply.

I did think of buying it in the hope of either finding a psu ( unlikely) or cloning one, in the end I left it alone.

Haven't seen it in a few months so it might have sold, however if you knew where to get a power supply
    Thanks everyone ... It's really nice to see people with an understanding and an appreciation of engineering.

Mike, the PSU also contains the logic and calibration boards but you could possibly have one made... I know a man who has suggested this to me and could possibly do such a thing. Could be very worth it.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Thanks everyone ... It's really nice to see people with an understanding and an appreciation of engineering.

Mike, the PSU also contains the logic and calibration boards but you could possibly have one made... I know a man who has suggested this to me and could possibly do such a thing. Could be very worth it.

I did think about doing that but the asking price of the deck itself was to much to consider that.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Great write up Jo. Good to see you are still using the Croft preamp. Have you had any more work done on this or is it still as you have detailed on your link?
    Hi Jim.

The croft is still the same. Still going strong and still sounding magnificent.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Stunning.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm loheswaran.

I must say that i don't think there is even the tooling to make the deck these days. A simple inflation calculator doesn't do your deck justice given the tech - I'm sure it'd be more around the new Technics SP10 price.

That aside - what a deck - you are a man of fine taste

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by loheswaran View Post
    I must say that i don't think there is even the tooling to make the deck these days. A simple inflation calculator doesn't do your deck justice given the tech - I'm sure it'd be more around the new Technics SP10 price.

That aside - what a deck - you are a man of fine taste
    I agree... The amount of kit to make such a thing now would project the price to the stars.

I'll tell you what, too... Even shipping this from Japan would be prohibitive. The weight of the L-d07 is so surprising. It doesn't look so heavy but try to lift it... Jeez

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Jon.

Latecomer to this piece. Last year or possibly the year before there was one of these sold in Maidenhead for £2000. At the time I was over in Spain and didn't bother. I would love one of these just because I think they are beautiful examples of 70's Japanese turntable engineering. Seeing the price quoted above I am so sorry I didn't respond to the advert now!
    Projekt Expression, AT OC9, Rega Appollo, Moon DAC, ATC Pre / Usher R1.2 Power, ATC SCM 40 Loudsqueakers, Squeezebox Duet.

I'm Josie.

Hi Jon.

Wow... well, someone got a good deal there. £2k for one of these is pretty cheap.

I wouldn't expect a nice example to go for anything south of £3k.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm gamal.

The L-07D is a truly remarkable piece of engineering

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast