+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member from Canada

I'm David.

Default New member from Canada

First time poster from western Canada.

My HT rig consists of Mede8er streamer, Oppo 103D BD player, Nad T175 pre/pro, Adcom GFA 7000, Crown XTi 1002 for my subs.
    2 channel uses Pioneer PL61 TT, or Kenwood KD3070 TT, BK MC101 pre, Oppo 103 disc player, Adcom GFA 555, or a pair of Hitachi HMA-7500.
    All my speakers are DIY and I rotate through my collection regularly.

How do I go about changing my user name? I accidentally used my email.

David

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS David.

We have several keen DIY'ers when it come to building speakers, so we would be very interested in learning about yours.

What are your tastes in music?

(Apropos changing your user name - you will need to make four more postings, then you can use the Private Messaging facility, to contact either me or any of the Moderators to let us know what user name you would like to use, and we will try and change it for you.)

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm David.

Mostly I listen to classic rock although the last decade has seen a lot of blues run through my playlist. That, by the way is provided by Jriver music server. I forgot to mention that earlier in my source list.

I'm David.

Speaker building started in the 70's as a teen with Radio Shack stuff. I bought a David Weems book from them that got me started. Currently I am re-veneering a set of small bookshelf speakers for my sister. I'm presently listening to a set of Dayton/Seas towers with 4 woofers, mid, tweeter. My favorite bang for buck pair.
    Tinkering with a couple of new designs, 3-way tower with dual 8's, dual 4" mids, and ribbon tweeters, 3-way with 10" woofer, 4" mid, and dome tweeter.

I'm David.

And I like bass! I have a 12" TC Sounds sub, 2 10" aura subs behind seating area, and a 15" Peavey all in my HT room. Behind the seat (nearfield) is the answer in a family home. Lower volume disturbs others less yet still gives the kick for movie effects and kick drum

I'm David.

Most of my music is on my server and a slowly growing collection of SACD, DVD-A, and a few BD audio. I'm really enjoying the 5.1 discs.
    A few yrs ago I came across the Pioneer TT and starting picking up LP's here and there. My youngest daughter (25 yr/old) grabbed a nice Yamaha TT and we have been enjoying this format together.
    David

I'm Geoff.

Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us about your DIY speakers. Home-builds are always of interest, photos would be good in the Gallery section where you can have your own blog.

Join in the chat, there's plenty going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread