+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For sale Sony das r1 dac

I'm Steven.

Blimey, this DAC has not sold.
    This is only my opinion, but as DAC's go, this is one of the finest ever made. Like, EVER.
    The build quality, design and real world engineering excellence are stupendous.
    No one has made DAC's like this for a long time because it costs too much to do so. Back in the day, it was only a company of the size of Sony who could have made such a thing.
    The UK has always 'struggled' with accepting this level of quality and engineering genius from a humdrum 'Jap crap' company like Sony. You know, it's a case of where's the badge value mate? I've come across the same mindset with cars, bikes, camera's, etc., etc.
    Trust me, if you can get past that and expand your horizon's a bit, then this DAC will blow your mind.
    Forget Esoteric, Soulution, Naim, etc., etc. because great as they are, they can't hold a candle to Sony when they really pulled out all of the stops.
    £1650? Crazy bargain for a DAC that would cost small high end manufacturers about £35k to make now.
    If only I could afford it!!
    GLWS.
    "Jingoism, racism, fear, religious fundamentalism: these are the ways of appealing to people if you're trying to organize a mass base of support for policies that are really intended to crush them".
    Noam Chomsky

Current set up:
    Benchmark LA4 pre-amplifier and AHB2 power amplifier
    Sony CDP-X707ES CD player
    Sony CDP-X505ES CD player
    Topping D90SE DAC
    Sony DVP-NS900V used as a transport only
    Technics SLPG-590 CD player used as a transport only
    Marantz CD6000SE CD player used as a transport only
    Revel Performa3 M105 speakers and matching stands
    Massdrop thxaaa 789 headphone amplifier
    Audeze LCD-XC (2021 Revision) Headphones
    Connecty things: Chord, Accuphase, QED, AoS 'Barry Special', silly cheap Chinese USB cable (AMAZING value hifi product)

I'm Chris.

Still waiting to hear how old it is
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Mike.

Default For sale Sony das r1 dac

Googling suggest they were put into production 1987/88 and ceased in 1992. R1a version was released in 1989 as an update to the R1

According to Vintageknob.org only 250 were made in 220v for the EU market.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-DAS-R1.html

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...y/das-r1.shtml

Hope that helps.

I'm Chris.

So its about 30 years old? To your knowledge has it had any repairs or maintenance such as replacement of old caps?

Alternatively do you know of anyone in the UK who can maintain it.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Mike.

I'm not the seller I only provided some info for you to help age the device

I'm Chris.

Thanks. Hopefully the seller will be along shortly.

I'm Grant.

marco has one of these.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Virtually none of the pics show up in this thread.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Mike.

Working fine here on Chrome and Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Pics OK here on Windows 10 and Maxthon browser.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast