+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A simple tube system

I'm Michal.

Default A simple tube system

Hallo everyone. Career, family, moving around and some other general obstacles kept me from any sensible use of my system for more than I would like to admit (over a decade, actually). The pandemic made me dig out a bunch of old pieces of equipment, put them together and I fell in love with my system once again. I use a simple combination of elements that sound good to me, an old Audio Note OTO SE, an AN 2.1x CD player or an An Oppo 105D, feeding Harbeths C7 through Duelund 16GA speaker cables and Belden interconnects. I upgraded the system with an Amber 3 DAC and I love how it all sounds. Simple but very natural sounding.

I'm Steve.

Good morning Michal, and welcome to AoS. What music do you like?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Hello Michal. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site, there's plenty going on and join in any chat that interests you, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi Michal, welcome to the forum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Michal.

Nice system you have, and it's good to learn you are back listening to music again.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Michal.

My tastes in music are very broad. Since I'm quite famished now, a regular evening for me (like yesterday) might start with Edgar's Cello Concerto (Webber/Menuhun), followed by some old favourite, like Yes' "Fragile", then I'd watch an episode of some show with my wife, switch afterwards to something newer like Dry Cleaning's "New Long Leg" and finish off with a few parts of Keith Jarrett's Budapest concert. I usually have no idea what I'll put on the next day. This very minute it's Bobby Hutcherson playing - the first few tracks from "Solo/Quarter" sound incredibly spacious through a tube amp.

I'm stuart.

Welcome to the forum, nice set up that you have!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartm1962 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, nice set up that you have!
    He might have changed it all by now Stuart, it's been a year
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread