+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New amp and speakers, what to consider.

I'm Mike.

Now got the ANJs plugged into the Sugden, not bad at all.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Now got the ANJs plugged into the Sugden, not bad at all.
    Should be a good match.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

These are quite good

Thread 'Amphion Xenon'
    https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/thr...-xenon.108752/

I'm Mike.

Managed to score some Proac studio 140s off Ebay for £200, nice and cheap, as the seller didn't do a good job of advertising them, they are a little bit tatty, but drivers are all good. Local to me too, been running them for a week, not very impressed, then realised the jumper cables were missing, it's been a busy summer! Now sounding a fair bit more satisfying, still need to run these for a few weeks to see whether they'll replace my ANJs, the only speakers I've thus far owned which make the mid/high frequencies on Jazz records listenable

[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2nzXwHA]20220724_111745
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Phil.

what a bargain !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Martin.

It is, IIRC they were about two grand fifteen years ago.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Yeh, nice to score a bargain for a change, the first time he auctioned them I missed the end, and they went for £120! He relisted them, I was even nervous about picking them up as the ad was so shite! But they are fine, he had these weird plastic grilles on them, which kept the drivers mint. Listening now, pretty decent so far, they better the ANJS in scale and precision, not played any raw jazz yet, but they're knocking out Diana Ross very nicely.

I'm Mike.

Played a few jazz classics tonight, and the suggie/140s is a remarkable system, for me anyway, in my rather limited experience. They seem to better the ANJ's, very happy so far. Looks like my old S500/ANJs will be up for sale soon.

I'm Mike.

About a month ago I swapped the Suggie out for my S500, and this with the Proacs is a better combo, by quite a significant margain. I guess the S500 with all its mods is gonna beat a standard integrated. I liked the a21a, but was finding it a bit on the warm side. The S500 sparkles by comparison, a little hard at times with high notes, but been really impressed this past month. Interesting to prove to myself that the old axiom about valve amps being warmer than SS ain't necessarily so, of course the SUggie is 'valve like'......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456