+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New amp and speakers, what to consider.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Why not keep what you have for the moment. Buy an old Exposure integrated amp and a pair of Royd Minstrel / Rega Ela type loudspeakers and live with it a while. You won't lose much, if any, money, as this type of equipment is always in demand. Therefore easy to sell. Just a suggestion, as I have ended up in that position.
    I tried Minstrels once, for me the sound was underwhelming in the extreme, a bit like Fisher price.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Why not keep what you have for the moment. Buy an old Exposure integrated amp and a pair of Royd Minstrel / Rega Ela type loudspeakers and live with it a while. You won't lose much, if any, money, as this type of equipment is always in demand. Therefore easy to sell. Just a suggestion, as I have ended up in that position.
    Yeh I was considering those.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

I bought Manda neat sx2s, just need an integrated solid state amp now. What to go for? Want something decent.

I'm Martin.

Hard to recommend an amp as there's no measurements available, and as usual subjective opinion is split with some claiming they are hard to drive and other saying they are an easy load.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Just looking for ideas at the minute, i mean, could just get a more powerful amp anyway, which could drive a wider range of speakers.

I'm Martin.

with a difficult load it's power regulation not watts that matters. Plenty of 100 watt amps that couldn't drive the skin off a rice pudding.

I'd see what other owners are using with theirs and get some idea that way. Probably they are not a difficult load but hard to say for certain these days without seeing the impedance trace as all the manufacturers tend to cheat with their nominal impedance figure (and sensitivity too).

Denon are usually a safe bet unless it's a real bitch of a load (which they won't be).
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mandeep.

Hi Mike. How about a used Moon integrated? Should work well with the Neats and other speakers after them.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mand View Post
    Hi Mike. How about a used Moon integrated? Should work well with the Neats and other speakers after them.
    Aren't they a bit spendy?

I'm Mandeep.

Not necessarily. All things are relative. Built to last, plenty of power and current.
    Have browse on the auction site, but I think there might have been one for sale on one of the usual forums.
    Most owners keep them for a long time.
    Also the Norma Revo integrated would be awesome and a keeper, also on the auction site.

I'm Steve.

http://https://www.hifishark.com/got...7-613737316664

Built like a tank and plenty of welly. My brother's had one for years, with no issues.

Sorry, link not working. It's a Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated dual mono. For sale at Audio Emotion.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast