+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi, i'm Dan, Here's my system.

I'm Dan.

Default Hi, i'm Dan, Here's my system.

Hi, i'm Dan from Hicksville Long Island. I've been enjoying reading the threads on this site.
    Here's my system. Mark Levinson 23.5 amplifier, Mark Levinson 26 Preamp, Sansui TU919 Tuner from 1979. It's a analog tuner with the tuning knob and it has the digital display. It's one of the best AM FM tuners ever. JM Lab Mezzo Utopia speakers. Sony CDP-XA7ES CD Player, which i'm using as a transport. I'm using a Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 Tube Dac on the Sony. Mark levinson Camac to RCA interconnect. I'm also using Acrotec 6N-A2050 interconnects and a Acrotec digital cable from the Sony CD Player to Musical Fidelity Dac. Sablon Audio Petite Corona power cords. Aurender N100H-2TB which is a server and streamer

I'm Geoff.

Hello Dan. Welcome to AOS.

Nice system you have there.

Join in any chat that interests you, there's plenty going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Dan.

Lovely system you have there. The JM Mezzo Utopia speakers are especially fine, as is the Trio tuner.

I'm a big fan of Mark Levinson gear and use the ML10A preamp or the ML25 as a phono stage, with either an ML26 or ML28 as a preamp and ML2 power monoblocks (though these have been replaced of late by Quad 510 monoblocks). My CDP is the ML390S.

The CAMAC connectors used on ML gear are unique and it can be a frustrating task to try a source interconnects terminated with the plugs. Like you, I managed to source some Mark Levinson leads terminated with Fischer CAMACs at one end and RCAs at the other. But these days I used XLR balanced line interconnects as much as possible, and if need be, make up my own CAMAC leads using Lemo 00250 plugs.

What are your tastes in music?

Welcome again
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Fantastic system, can you post some photos?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread