+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Looking for another cd player

I'm Kevin.

There is a 505 precision on eBay now for £150 + postage.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Anything with a VRDS mechanism is a winner. TEAC we're the originators, I believe, and Pioneer adopted the tech.

I'm Lawrence.

There are VRDS transports and VRDS transports, the chunky ones are better.

I'm Mike.

I spotted a Meridian G08 on Hifi wigwam, and have gone for that, seemed good value at £650.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I spotted a Meridian G08 on Hifi wigwam, and have gone for that, seemed good value at £650.
    £2.5K new 15 years ago, so I suppose not bad price. I think they are a bit bland looking though, prefer the old Meridian style with the pin stripes myself.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    My system is no slouch and I use this transport when I want to have a quick play of CDs, rather than my music server onto which I have to transfer CD files. It is very good and I never find myself being disappointed by its performance. Highly recommended and of course, being new, it comes with guarantees.
    Wow your system certainly is no slouch. How does your dedicated CD Transports fare against the SW1X streamer as a transport?

Now this may seem like an unfair question based on the price difference between the two but some seem to be adamant that a good CD source is still better than any streamer based source sound quality wise (not convenience obviously).

Just wondering how good the 6000CDT is in that respect.

The Jay's Audio CDT is meant to be very good too!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    £2.5K new 15 years ago, so I suppose not bad price. I think they are a bit bland looking though, prefer the old Meridian style with the pin stripes myself.
    yer, those old one's are nice, but I thought 2 boxes, take up too much space. Now the G08 has arrived as its rather large itself!!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    yer, those old one's are nice, but I thought 2 boxes, take up too much space. Now the G08 has arrived as its rather large itself!!
    Is it okay then?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Is it okay then?
    It's bigger than the standard cd player. Sounds pretty good, played a few cds, though worryingly it did skip on one of them, and stopped playing, I'll have to see how it performs over the next few days, hopefully it was just a blip, as it's had a recent service apparently. But sounds wise, so far I'm impressed. Just need a remote now.

I'm Mike.

This G08 is a definite step from my previous Pioneer PD8700+Toppping DAC set up. Being thoroughly enjoying playing some old classical cds. I'd say the biggest upgrade is of presence, the music feels more realistic, and of course things you'd expect like added timbre, but weight and presence in the main. Thanks to Spenagio for this one. Now where do I get a suitable remote? Don't want an Meridian MSR one, they're too big.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast