+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Looking for another cd player

I'm Mike.

Guy's also got this less expensive player, for £250, no remote though, which kind of kills it really, would it be possible to find an alternative remote?

Denon DVD-A11 CD / SACD / DVD-A / DVD Transport CD Player
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

Can't comment on that model but I did find the 3910 too smooth and relaxed compared to a Sony QS universal player.

I'm Grant.

had a 2900.. sold it with remote but used to have a spare remote for it. need to look for it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If you can live with slot loading just get an Audiolab 6000T.

Brand new so you should get the maximum amount of time before you have to worry about replacing it.
    My system is no slouch and I use this transport when I want to have a quick play of CDs, rather than my music server onto which I have to transfer CD files. It is very good and I never find myself being disappointed by its performance. Highly recommended and of course, being new, it comes with guarantees.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Gary.

6000CDT responds well to "traditional" CD player tweaks,
    better feet, putting a weight on top..that kind of thing.

Worth spending a bit of time on it?
    gets more out of an already great sounding Audiolab transport.

I'm Peter.

I recently bought a very second hand Arcam Alpha 5 plus CD player. I haven't used anything else since. I just seems to "boogie". Probably not super accurate but a joy to listen to.
    1984 was a warning - Not an instruction manual

I like (things) in brackets

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    I recently bought a very second hand Arcam Alpha 5 plus CD player. I haven't used anything else since. I just seems to "boogie". Probably not super accurate but a joy to listen to.
    Can you connect a dac to those? Nice looking player.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Can you connect a dac to those? Nice looking player.
    It has an SPDIF coaxial digital output (RCA) so you can connect it to an external DAC.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Lawrence.

My Arcam 7SE boogies too. I've always thought Arcam made their sources a little more forward (but not in a bad way) to make up for the smoother sound of their amps but others may disagree.

I'm Geoff.

I have a couple of Pioneer PD-S505 Precision players that are very musical devices, they double as excellent CD transports too, great sounds for not much money. Just remember to place the disc in the drawer upside down .
    Last edited by walpurgis; 16-09-2022 at 11:27.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast