+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Return of the Wam Show 2022

I'm Andrew.

Okay as promised this is an Up Date of this news . The Venue and the Date have now been confirmed and a large deposit paid so unless another strike of Covid comes then this is a definite. The cost for staying the weekend and prices for meals etc have also been confirmed . There are only 40 rooms that are available to show and these will be allocated firstly to those who paid for the 2019 Show and left their money with The Wam . Once they are allocated and confirmed then rooms will be offered to those that booked for the 2019 show but either had not paid or have had a refund. Once those are all dealt with if there is any rooms left they will be offered on a first come first served basis till all the rooms are taken .

As per the old format the show will only be open to visitors on the Sunday and in due course tickets will go on sale . Because of current restrictions (which may change) there is a limited number of tickets that can be sold after that it will be cancellations only . There will be a discount for buying in advance and no discount for paying on the day . Anyone who is close to the venue will be welcome to visit on the Saturday afternoon / night and either help out installing systems or just hanging out and listening . It would be appreciated that if you do come along that you book for the meal being offered and this needs to be booked as this will give some profit back to the hotel which may well help to get the event held again next year. There are two bars and haing a drink both Saturday and Sunday again is a help .

I hope this is enough information for anyone if you want other details then take a look at the threads on The Wam .

I'm Andrew.

Apologies Duplicate post .

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    After a long and difficult period with covid , Admin change and inner turmoil causing the postponement of previous shows there is now some good news .

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/thr...firmed.107313/

Details can be read from the above announcement but this year it looks like the show will return and I am very hopeful that I will have a room to exhibit and will be assembling my three way active digital system for all to come and listen to and enjoy / hate / be bored by please pick your reaction of choice.

The new destination is Stoke on Trent and very close to the main train station so should be very easy for those who want to visit to get to and get home and have a drink if they want during the day . As noted it has been a very difficult couple of years and if this Show is to continue we need to not only cover the costs we also need to make a profit . There are only 40 rooms available for exhibiting and my guess is these will all be taken very quickly after the announcement that they can be booked . If you are interested then please keep a claos eye on the dates being given to register your interest and get your name in early and good luck .

On the other hand if you are not able to get a room then please put the date in your calender and turn up on the Sunday it is always a far more relaxed and friendly show than any Trade Show as the person playing the music has brought their own system and they will not only be happy to play your music if you bring it but tell you endless detail about what the set up is cables , foo and all .
    Pass this on to anyone who you know loves music and hifi but does not perhaps read sites like this the more visitors we get the higher the chance of this being repeated .
    Is that forum admin change or ownership
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Is that forum admin change or ownership
    As far as I know (and this is only being a member) Peter who was the Owner / Admin is no longer the Owner or Admin . His ex Wife now has ownership of the Wam and along with her Son Roo plus an Admin team are the ones responsible for the Wam and how it is going forward including the Wam Show . So there is a technical new Owner and Admin but how that has come about and what has happened in the back ground to result in this i have no idea so will make no comment

I'm Andrew.

Idiot that I am I posted this in the 2021 thread so added here to help . This sort of mistake will be probably showcased in my system at the show so you have been warned .

Just as an update there is now a thread for those wanting to exhibit to at least put there names down . As per my update those already previously paid are getting preference and then those who paid but obtained a refund. After this it is first cone first served so if you want to have a room best to get your name on the list now.

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads...bitors.108063/

I'm Martin.

I live very near the venue so if anyone wants a hand unloading and setting up just give me a shout.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

The show website is getting daily updates at present: https://show.hifiwigwam.com/
    Next up will be the raffle prizes.

Already up are some very tasty auction prizes for the show charity (local children's Hospice) that are the result very great generosity: https://show.hifiwigwam.com/auction-list

Also a few spare sleeping rooms if anyone is interested.

kind regards,
    Paul
    cheers Paul

My main system:
    Linn LP12/PU2/Goldring Eroica + Puresound T10 + EAR834P / Innuos ZENmini2 + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Musical Fidelity A5 + L2 mods / Boenicke W8 speakers

I'm Andrew.

Just another update for those interested , there has been a change in the conditions on the day for the Hotel and the show now has full use of the hotel were parts of the third floor were going to used and this restricted the numbers that could attend . This has now been changed and as a result there will be sales of Tickets on the day for any that want to attend . There is a discount price for advance tickets and on the day they will £12.50 (Card Only no cash) . So even less excuse now for anyone who thinks this might be a decent day out , go on give it a try you know you want to .

Also to confirm that I will be in Room 103 so please come in and laugh at my attempts at decent sound and have a chat . requests for any music will be very welcome and any praise will probably send me in to a swoon so careful with that axe Eugene .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234