+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Worth the hassle changing tonearm on a 1210.

I'm Alan.

I like Barry's advice, gonna leave the stock arm on. I'm only interested in MM carts now as the styli can be changed, so much more economical. So, anyone got a nag mp200 body lying around? Failing that I'll try a Goldring I think.
    Mike I just rewired my SL1200 stock tone arm with Cardas internally and Klotz MC5000 externally and very happy with the result, really opens it up, sound stage and 3d detail so much better IMO

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Mike.

Got a 'RigB' AT 540ML, put it on my GR, but it's as heavy a brick, what the fuh do I do now?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Got a 'RigB' AT 540ML, put it on my GR, but it's as heavy a brick, what the fuh do I do now?
    Fit the auxiliary tone arm weight. There are two available for the new SL1200.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Fit the auxiliary tone arm weight. There are two available for the new SL1200.
    I've mislaid my one, just ordered another off ebay, might need to be heavier though, this Rigb is like a fucking brick!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

I've mislaid my one, just ordered another off ebay, might need to be heavier though, this Rigb is like a fucking brick!
    Blu tak mate
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

There is a small, and a big one. Get the big one.

Part number TPAKK62.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    There is a small, and a big one. Get the big one.

Part number TPAKK62.
    Got the 16g one, not sure whether that's big or small, but its' done the job nicely, just gotta wait for my digital stylus gauge now as my current one stopped working.

I'm Mike.

Finally get around to fitting the RigB 540ml and can't find any of my alignment thingies for the cartirdge placement within the headshell, fuck it

I'm Mike.

Read up online overhang for this cart/arm is 15mm, so measure 52mm from start of headshell, and fix cart there, it measures pretty close to the Notts analogue protractor that I finally found, this Rigb'd 540ML is sounding pretty good indeed now, was £240 i think, not bad at all for that money.

I'm Mike.

After a months listening I can tell you the Rigb 540ML is rather metallic sounding, which should come as no surprise! It has great presence and separation, but just too damn tinny. I will try the standard 540 and see if that cures it. May be a wooden body would have been better, or may be it's just a characteristic of the 540 and I'm jumping the gun?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast