+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My First Byte Of The Pi

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Hi Stuart, I have a Pi2 which does not have Wifi or Btooth. Without these it seems that I will not be able to use either Moode or Volumio from a phone or tablet?
    Hi Rob.
    Only just seen your question which Lawrence has kindly replied to.
    Not a lot I can add really other than to say if I was in your position (and assuming your router is in a different room to where the Pi will be located) then I would get hold of a 2Gb Rpi4 and connect into it via wifi. I don’t have any experience of running an ‘older’ Pi with a separate wifi dongle but assume this would work fine, too.
    As Lawrence has mentioned, call up a web browser on your phone (or tablet) and connect to the Pi via wifi (which normally runs headless unless separate screen added).
    Although I appreciate that others have different opinions on streamers, I am very firmly in the RPi camp and for the money, it really is difficult to see how it can be beaten by anything at a similar price other than a small price/performance margin.
    Oh, and I’m also of the opinion that with the ‘right’ DAC, the RPi is happy to connect via USB (rather than co-ax or optical for which add-on bits are needed).
    If it would help to know my DAC choices then I’d be happy to give a brief run down.
    Stuart

I'm Stuart.

Rob
    If it would help to chat through anything on the phone, let me know. I’d be glad to help if I can.
    Stuart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123