+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My First Byte Of The Pi

I'm Rob.

Router is in the house and the hifi in the man cave (40ft away) with a wifi extender with LAN connection to PC. Signal is strong according to phone and Spotify never falters.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Lawrence.

Bit like me then my router is at the front hall and I use a powerline adaptor to get the internet to my Zen which is Ethernet only like your Pi2 and it works fine for both controlling the device and streaming online, so I'd try one of those.

It's really worth the effort btw I wouldn't change my Rpi4 with Volumio in my bedroom headphone setup for anything.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Bit like me then my router is at the front hall and I use a powerline adaptor to get the internet to my Zen which is Ethernet only like your Pi2 and it works fine for both controlling the device and streaming online, so I'd try one of those.

It's really worth the effort btw I wouldn't change my Rpi4 with Volumio in my bedroom headphone setup for anything.

Yes, I have been looking at getting an Rpi4.

I'm Lawrence.

They have gone up a fair bit since the chip shortage kicked off. Your 2 will be fine for what you want you just need to connect it to the network. Note using a 4 with WiFi could have a discernible -ve impact on SQ someone else may be able to confirm that or not

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    They have gone up a fair bit since the chip shortage kicked off. Your 2 will be fine for what you want you just need to connect it to the network. Note using a 4 with WiFi could have a discernible -ve impact on SQ someone else may be able to confirm that or not

Yes, I was looking at the Pi Hut site and was a bit surprised at the prices. Having had my daily fix of music today listening to Spotify via the PC which to my aged ears sounded more than acceptable, I may settle for that.

I have built several OB and Horn speakers over the years and saw the Behringer digital crossover you are selling and thought....Mmmm I have always wondered what going active would bring to the party. I have an Behringer Ultramatch which is one of the best bits of kit I have bought.

Regards

Rob.

I'm Stuart.

Very happy Rpi4 user here and happy to help if I can.
    I use Moode but have previously run with Volumio.
    I’ve connected my Pi to the amp just about every way you can (5 different external DACS and a DAC HAT for the Pi). I’ve used co-ax and USB and on my set up, I can honestly say there is little audible difference.
    One day, I’m going to force myself to make an effort and listen to more expensive streamers and although I won’t be surprised if the SQ is “better”, I bet that £ for £, my Pi set up will take a lot of beating.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoseley View Post
    Very happy Rpi4 user here and happy to help if I can.
    I use Moode but have previously run with Volumio.
    I’ve connected my Pi to the amp just about every way you can (5 different external DACS and a DAC HAT for the Pi). I’ve used co-ax and USB and on my set up, I can honestly say there is little audible difference.
    One day, I’m going to force myself to make an effort and listen to more expensive streamers and although I won’t be surprised if the SQ is “better”, I bet that £ for £, my Pi set up will take a lot of beating.
    Hi Stuart, I have a Pi2 which does not have Wifi or Btooth. Without these it seems that I will not be able to use either Moode or Volumio from a phone or tablet?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Hi Stuart, I have a Pi2 which does not have Wifi or Btooth. Without these it seems that I will not be able to use either Moode or Volumio from a phone or tablet?
    You can use them with the pi connected by an ethernet cable or wi-fi dongle.

I'm Rob.

If I download Moode or Volumio on my phone and use an ethernet cable to the Pi, it will recognise commands from the phone?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    If I download Moode or Volumio on my phone and use an ethernet cable to the Pi, it will recognise commands from the phone?
    Yes if your phone is connected to the same network via WiFi. That's how I use Volumio. Well I set it up with my phone when it was connected via ethernet but then once I'd added the WiFi password I could pull the cable out.

Edit just read again you don't need Volumio on your phone it needs to be on the pi. You can use the IP address to set up the pi on your phone's web browser eg. Chrome and then download an app like Squeezer to control the Squeezelite/LMS add-in (which is what I use).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast