+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth question- how to connect to a non-BT system?

I'm Sandy.

Default Bluetooth question- how to connect to a non-BT system?

OK, I admit that I'm way, way behind the curve here.
    There's a wee Denon system thing in the kitchen that I can connect my iPhone to and play music, easy. Convenient. Sounds shite compared to a big system but the kettle makes a noise and so do my kids/dog/cats so makes no odds.

I guess I can buy a box to connect to one of my amps on my "big boys system" to do the same. I don't want to spend loads, so no DAC thingy required, perhaps.

Can I buy such a thing without spending loads just for the convenience of playing mp3s via Bluetooth- on the assumption that it's going to be crap anyway compared to a CD or to a wired set up... or am I so behind the curve and no-one plays CDs like me and only streams via some DAC amp-thingy

What do I need, what is it called and how much is it?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I would call it a Bluetooth Receiver - try Amazon, lots of options from not very much. Personally I use an Amazon Echo Dot on my “good” system and then connect to that via Bluetooth- has the advantage of altering volume by voice, as no remote control in that system. Mine is an older one, so if you went that route make sure it has a 3.5mm output to connect to the amp.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread