+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: A pair of Bandors/Pentachords like these....

I'm Don.

Default WTD: A pair of Bandors/Pentachords like these....

I didn't grab the model number...and had a look on the net ....but not much info...pls see pic below....if you have a pair to sell, let me know!IMG_20220123_140921.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Originally marketed as Jordan units as I recall Don. I had some.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

I think Beobloke's your man for info here.

I'm Dave.

The drivers were used in several speaker brands for a short while, back in the day. To me, the most interesting was the Seventh Veil, using 7 drivers in a moulded Fibreglass cabinet IIRC.

Had those and the Pentachords on loan for demo for a short time.

I'm Martin.

Jordan was Ted Jordan and Bandor was Doreen Jordan, think she started that after they split up. Back in the 1980s

I've heard speakers with both types. A 2-way speaker in concrete enclosures and a sub/sat combo. The satellites used two tiny little drivers in each unit, run in parallel.

Both were quite impressive but I don't recall which make of drivers were in which.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Don.

Default WTD: more of everything

Thanks guys....did some more foraging.... Looks like they are Pentachords using a Morel 28mm Silk dome tweeter and 2 Bandor units per unit.
    The guy who owned these speakers reckoned there is no crossover ...just a Tannoy TS 10 Sub helping lower freq.
    Sounded ruddy good!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Jordan was Ted Jordan and Bandor was Doreen Jordan, think she started that after they split up. Back in the 1980s

I've heard speakers with both types. A 2-way speaker in concrete enclosures and a sub/sat combo. The satellites used two tiny little drivers in each unit, run in parallel.

Both were quite impressive but I don't recall which make of drivers were in which.
    Wonder who the Ban in Bandor was (like Spendor?). Maybe a new boyfriend?!

I'm Adam.

Default WTD: A pair of Bandors/Pentachords like these....

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Thanks guys....did some more foraging.... Looks like they are Pentachords using a Morel 28mm Silk dome tweeter and 2 Bandor units per unit.
    The guy who owned these speakers reckoned there is no crossover ...just a Tannoy TS 10 Sub helping lower freq.
    Sounded ruddy good!
    Those are not Pentachords as Pentachord never used a tweeter of any sort - just two of the 50mm full-range drivers that were indeed Bandor units, but were unique to Pentachord - picture attached below.The ones in the picture don't even look like modified Pentachords as there is not enough space in between the two 50mm drivers normally to fit a tweeter. In addition, you can see a curve in the side of the cabinet, whereas the Pentachords' cabinets were pentagonal - hence the name. I reckon the ones in your picture are a home-made effort.

I can highly recommend Pentachords. I had a pair of the small Model A speakers for many years with a mono bass crossover to run them with a single subwoofer. I searched for a matching Pentachord subwoofer for years with no success and eventually sold them

Barely a few months later another pair of As with the matching Pentode subwoofers and a stereo bass crossover turned up for sale so I snapped them up. Unfortunately these have issues with the drivers in the subs that I still haven't got around to sorting yet.

When working, they are superb speakers, however - very under-rated IMHO. Even though I have the sub/sat units, I could still be tempted by a pair of the all-in-one Pentacolumns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    The 'Ban' was actually Bance - Doreen's maiden name.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beobloke; 07-03-2022 at 14:28.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Doreen Bance (before she got married).

On the drivers, QTA (if up to date) has a quad of Bandor 50mm drivers:
    https://www.qtasystems.co.uk/loudspe...ial-offers.htm
    Michell Mycro / AT33PTG/II | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Yamaha CD-NT670D | Bryston B60R | ATC SCM10

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    Doreen Bance (before she got married).

On the drivers, QTA (if up to date) has a quad of Bandor 50mm drivers:
    https://www.qtasystems.co.uk/loudspe...ial-offers.htm
    That's funny, like making a statement she's single again and proud

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast