+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power amplifier for M.A gs20 or gr20!?

I'm Remi.

Default Power amplifier for M.A gs20 or gr20!?

What is the difference between the two speakers.How much worth it on second hand condition? I heard that this speakers is hungry power. What amplifier is the best for complete control.I listen various kinds of music from jazz, progrock, simphony.Diferent frequency of music, various types of dynamics.. Thanks for the answers and advice and support..

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 7 koristeći Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

you want something pretty hefty with those speakers.

Buying used I'd say Bryston or Krell, something like that, or alternatively any contemporary class D amp with a hundred watts or more will manage them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Actually I was just discussing these speakers with a friend. He's got a Roksan Caspian power amp and we were saying how good it would have been with his old GRs given the sound signature.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    you want something pretty hefty with those speakers.

Buying used I'd say Bryston or Krell, something like that, or alternatively any contemporary class D amp with a hundred watts or more will manage them.
    Or a Musical Fidelity integrated. Ones from 10 years or so ago, built like tanks and plenty of welly. I got an A5 integrated last year, 250wpc, bags of current, cost me £550. Something like that would drive those MAs, piece of piss
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Remi.

Currently i have Roksan Caspian mk2 amplifier..Im not satisfied with the sound,i feel something missing ..I listen music mostly from PC USB audio flac, stream,dab, Tidal.Rare cd player..I have Music Fidaledty DAC. Sometimes i listen Sony tape,Lenco turntable.. That is good amplifier, but not have amount of energy.I would say is quite polite. It's neutral, good stereo images.. Excellent high and midrange frequency, lots of dynamics and deatel..Best work with jazz,and simphony orchestral music..What amplifier you suggest,I think about Arcam a39,Primare i30, Music Fidaledty a3.2.What you think about combination preamp and amplifier.Tube , valve I've heard lots of suggestions.But in this hobby, more important is magic words SINERGY.But problem is lacks of bass and lows frequency.. for rock, reggae,..I got gr20 version,,tell me about upgrade whit quality subwoofer for my stereo system music only.Rel,Svs, maybe something other options.. I've got on amplifier preamp out ,i think used for active subwoofer.. Does it okay .. Tell me your opinion and experience.Thank for sharing your time ..

I'm Remi.

Nad c372..

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt 1 View Post
    Currently i have Roksan Caspian mk2 amplifier..Im not satisfied with the sound,i feel something missing ..I listen music mostly from PC USB audio flac, stream,dab, Tidal.Rare cd player..I have Music Fidaledty DAC. Sometimes i listen Sony tape,Lenco turntable.. That is good amplifier, but not have amount of energy.I would say is quite polite. It's neutral, good stereo images.. Excellent high and midrange frequency, lots of dynamics and deatel..Best work with jazz,and simphony orchestral music..What amplifier you suggest,I think about Arcam a39,Primare i30, Music Fidaledty a3.2.What you think about combination preamp and amplifier.Tube , valve I've heard lots of suggestions.But in this hobby, more important is magic words SINERGY.But problem is lacks of bass and lows frequency.. for rock, reggae,..I got gr20 version,,tell me about upgrade whit quality subwoofer for my stereo system music only.Rel,Svs, maybe something other options.. I've got on amplifier preamp out ,i think used for active subwoofer.. Does it okay .. Tell me your opinion and experience.Thank for sharing your time ..

I've heard it said that 2 cheaper subs will perform better than one expensive sub. I had been considering a couple of REL T9i's or similar for my set up, and haven't yet written off the idea.

My brother has a Musical Fidelity A3.2, had it from new, I'd highly recommend one.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

digital dsp might help, but you'd need to trial it and see...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

The Roksan K3 is worthy of an audition.

I'm Rob.

I have been using subwoofers for years, yet many feel that they are not to be taken seriously or do nothing to promote good sound. I have four which cost me very little secondhand. I use 2 and by adjusting the frequency cut-off and phasing of both you can get a holographic image which the main speakers alone cannot produce. Turn off the subs and everthing falls flat and subtle low frequency information is lost. You retain the sonic signature of the main speakers.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread