I have had B&W 603 floorstanders with 2 XTZ Edge A2-300 (class D) power amplifiers
(and Topping Pre90) for about a year now (in a big space, 60m2).

But from the very start I noticed, that this does not work for harder rock music.
It feels small, feeble, thin, compact, irritating. It feels unlistenable. The highs get very
loud, if I crank it up, it sounds like a thousand mosquitos singing.

So yesterday I decided to have a go with a different amplifier. In the bedroom system I
use a Onkyo A-6130 (class AB), so yes, I had postponed this switch for about a year. I don't
really like to shuffle too much.

XTZ blocks cost three times the price of Onkyo, so yes - all the accuracy, refinement and clearness
was lost, when I set the Onkyo up in my main listening room. So this rock music did not have a high
quality sound in very many ways, but it DID have some more body, more meat on the bone, more
volume, I think at the mid-range especially. So it actually sounded right, it was more listenable.

The previous experience in comparison with XTZ could be summarized as a truck, that only has wheels.
It is fast and it drives the same distance, but it does not have the load, the cargo-box. And it is kind
of pointless (when listening rock music), it does not sound right.

So thats all from me today. I guess I will be looking some class AB poweramps.