+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tonearm cable: Audiomica Quartz Reference

I'm Peter.

Default Tonearm cable: Audiomica Quartz Reference

For sale 1.5 metre Audiomica Quartz Reference tonearm cable (5 pin straight mini-DIN to RCA)

This is a high quality tonearm cable, featuring WBT-0144 locking RCA plugs. Although not well known in the UK, Audiomica have a great reputation in their native Poland and in the EU. More info ... http://audiomica.com/quartz_reference.html

The cable is surprisingly flexible (so shouldn't interfere with suspended decks), and sound-wise is extremely transparent and detailed in its presentation. I use Audiomica cables throughout my system, and am only selling this one as it is now surplus to requirements. Bought new from Signals in Ipswich in Feb 2021, I paid £600.

Boxed and immaculate, for sale at £290 (incl. UK delivery)

I'm Peter.

Google doesn't seem to throw up any reviews (in English, anyway), so maybe I should record my impressions.

Over the last few years, I've tried quite a few different tonearm cables, and one thing is clear ... that they do make a difference. Sometimes I've found changing regular interconnects to result in small or marginal differences, but tonearm cables seem to be one area where different cables do fundamentally alter the presentation. The words that come to mind when using this one include: clarity and transparency, controlled and precise, highly resolving and detailed. For me, this cable was a significant (easily heard!) upgrade over the previous (sub-£400) cables I had tried over the years. One good thing about a decent tonearm cable is that it improves all your cartridges, current and future, so represents a good long-term investment.

By the way, I notice the website mentions a wooden presentation box. It actually came with a more environmentally-sound cardboard one.

P.M. me if any questions.

I'm Peter.

Still available.

I'm Peter.

Open to sensible offers.

I'm Peter.

Price drop - £250 delivered
    Best cable I've heard at that price or even double that.

I'm Peter.

SOLD

+ Reply to Thread