+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Enthusiast

I'm Craig.

Default Another Enthusiast

I've discovered that at my wife's workplace she has a colleague who's husband is a fellow Hifi enthusiast, and indeed purveyor of mainly vintage, but also newer kit, however, we have been barred from meeting as the consequences could be disastrous, probably more like expensive!
    Whilst waiting outside the work place, the ladies rush out in an effort to not allow us to meet or chat.
    The nearest to a conversation we've had is him shouting "Audiolab" and me replying "No thanks"
    In what I can only describe as an act of seduction, upon me, not the wife I might say, they have sent my wife a late Christmas present...it's a pair of earrings, but not just any none Hifi related jewellery, it's a pair made from gold plated Banana Plugs!

I was most amused I can tell you, but, a little disappointed inasmuch as she has refused to wear them...ever!

I'll post this, and then go to Tapatalk to post a photo of them.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    I've discovered that at my wife's workplace she has a colleague who's husband is a fellow Hifi enthusiast, and indeed purveyor of mainly vintage, but also newer kit, however, we have been barred from meeting as the consequences could be disastrous, probably more like expensive!
    Whilst waiting outside the work place, the ladies rush out in an effort to not allow us to meet or chat.
    The nearest to a conversation we've had is him shouting "Audiolab" and me replying "No thanks"
    In what I can only describe as an act of seduction, upon me, not the wife I might say, they have sent my wife a late Christmas present...it's a pair of earrings, but not just any none Hifi related jewellery, it's a pair made from gold plated Banana Plugs!

I was most amused I can tell you, but, a little disappointed inasmuch as she has refused to wear them...ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Fantastic! (But I can’t see any photo in your Tapatalk post?)

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rob.

My wife met her best friend when they were tiny. Best friend got a man and then married him. We found that we had both got into all things audio as teenagers. Fast forward 40 odd years and we are both still going strong. Wife and best friend still think it is a teenage phase that will pass
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post

Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Craig.

Sorry about the delay, it wouldn't load.

Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Martin.

Your wife won't wear them? Can't think why
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Can you imagine if she put the red one in her left ear! That would seriously bug my OCD! But I suspect neither will be going in either ear!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Can you imagine if she put the red one in her left ear! That would seriously bug my OCD! But I suspect neither will be going in either ear!
    So you couldn't wear these Alex? The left boot has a red tab

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I would only wear those if I was Rod, Jane or Freddy, never mind the red tab!
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast