+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Synthesis Soprano LE Integrated Amplifier

I'm Ian.

Thanks Grant. It's not so much that I need the money but I like to keep the annual hifi budget within certain bounds so if I buy something I generally tend to sell something too. That way I keep my "membership" costs to the hifi community reasonable - cheaper than the golf membership fees I used to pay anyway.

I'm malcolm.

I've heard this amp at Ian's and if I was in the market for a new one it would be on my list. Although quite low powered it can still drive quite difficult loads and has a wonderful delicacy with vocals, especially female, bringing out the detail and character of each perfomer, even dispaying accents which others miss. On good efficient speakers it is sublime and pairs really well with Ian's Jordan Eikona Tls.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Ian.

Thanks Malcolm. Yes, it was a very interesting comparison with the EL34 tubed amps we compared it with. It was quite a surprise how Karine Polwart's Scottish accent came out on her cover of the Big Country song "Chance" most noticeably the rolling of her r's My Jordan's are 89dB so and of course, being full range, don't have power sapping crossovers so any speaker around or above this value will go loud as you like without losing its grip.

I'm Ian.

Last price drop, £825 collected, £850 delivered for this excellent, flexible amplifier.

I'm Ian.

Now sold.

I'm Lawrence.

Wish there was a like button on here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123