+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Synthesis Soprano LE Integrated Amplifier

I'm Ian.

I've got your number and I'll ring you tomorrow. It might be a good idea if you delete your number in the post above.

I'm Ian.

Final reduction before it goes to ebay. £900 collected or £925 to include insured delivery.

I'm Ian.

Sadly now gone to ebay. A lot cheaper here!

I'm Ian.

Still here. Think of the boxes you could get rid of with this compact all in one machine. Your wife will love you even more

I'm Ian.

Quote from the HiFi Plus review

I’d hesitate to say this is the most neutral amplifier you can buy because the sound it makes is so sublime and satisfying. Any yet, neither does it go for the warm ‘comfort blanket’ sound of over-rich valve amplifiers. In short, it toes just the right balance. In fact, if the Soprano’s harmonically rich and elegant sound, plus its exceptional imaging, represent a deviation from strict neutrality, it’s a deviation that I’m sure many will happily go for. This also means the Soprano covers its tracks well, too, because you are enjoying the sound too much. In other words, it’s a lovely, sweet-sounding amplifier that makes you want to listen to music more… who really cares if that is not strictly accurate?

Perhaps the biggest plus-point for the Soprano LE sound is its ability to ‘scale’ well. Put something fey and small sounding its way [Feist’s ‘Mushaboom’, Let It Die, Polydor] and it will make it seem small, close, and intimate. Then flip over to a huge wall of sound [Muse’s ‘Invincible’, Black Holes & Revelations, Helium-3] and you can almost hear the stadium (or a haunted house ride full of sci-fi skyscrapers and evil pumpkin teddy bears, if you watch Muse’s crazy video). That ability to move from the tonsils of a breathy girl-with-guitar singer to a large orchestral piece, to post-modern progressive rock with a distinctly sci-fi feel is the mark of something really good, and the Soprano LE does it so very, very well.
    Try a cheeky offer for this excellent amplifier.

I'm Ian.

I do need to recoup some of the cost of this amp so I will accept £850 collected or £875 delivered.

I'm Lawrence.

Did you buy it new? Feels like a big saving on the new price for a relatively new amp.

I'm Ian.

Yes I did and I agree it is a big saving. I bought it from Audio Freaks and did get a discount of a couple of hundred pounds. It was new and not ex-demo. After a mini shoutout with a couple of well regarded EL34 amps with admittedly more power I'm beginning to wonder whether I should hang on to this.

I'm Ian.

Another view. Cute or what!

I'm Grant.

i would keep it if i didnt need money. its a lovely little thing. decent price for nearly new. still on sale at 1440 i think too. glws
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast