Quote Originally Posted by goraman View Post
Sandy,
Let things cool down, it sounds as though they are beginning to.
Make an effort to tell her what good things you miss about her. You have children with her , history , had to be some good times to talk about too.
Refrain from negative comments and look inward. Ask her to meet you for lunch , discuss the kids.
If you miss your family ,express it. This break could be just what both of you needed to appreciate what was good in the relationship and give your marriage the respect of putting your family first. Yep, put your wife and kids 1st. If she sees you doing this she will also look in word . You both took vows had kids , be honorable at all cost .
And just maybe your wife will reach out to you . But for sure your kids will respect you .

Be humble admit fault where it is warranted , leave each encounter by thanking her for the time spent with each other .
After 6 months then both of you should decide how to move forward but don't either of you rush to an abrupt decision.
So many people regret not putting any effort into saving their marriage because over time they began to take each other for granted.
A broken family is never the best out come.
It is also much cheaper to keep her, so don't let your pride or ego get in the way of fixing whats fixable.
I say pride and ego because that is man kinds biggest enemy, and it can be a unforeseeable down fall.
Most of all ,I wish you and your family Love and kindness to each other during these hard times.
Jeff
Jeff, I thank you from the heart.
Ego is toxic. Pride a sin.
Love is everything.
All these things I say despite being a Scottish male, steeped in Presbyterian guilt, but schooled in psychology and science.
I am a European. A product of The Enlightenment.
But if I said some of those things to her, she'd think something was weird, and that I'd been smoking weed with some floozie, so I will continue to do what English women understand- I will clean the gutters, help to pick up the kids and fix the car when it goes wrong.
PS My ex is half German so she appreciates the more practical overtures.
Big hug tae ye big man.